Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609494 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17895 on: January 17, 2021, 11:50:59 am »
Great weekend, cold and windy but that didn't hamper the fun. Well mostly fun except for the plumbing. ??? Here are a few pictures.The last of the shop cleaning,and the wood pile under my bench, found all kinds of neat stuff I had forgotten about. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17896 on: January 17, 2021, 11:55:49 am »
Concrete busted up and hole started to replace the water hydrant.  That was the not so fun stuff  :) Made a couple of blue bird houses from gourds I had stashed away, can't have to many bird houses. ;) and started another hammer head handle. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17897 on: January 17, 2021, 11:58:32 am »
Wall all finished up and started another Euro mount for a friend. :) First time I tried boiling it in Borax, but it worked very good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17898 on: January 17, 2021, 12:00:56 pm »
Handle finished, Euro mount finished then I moved to my hides while listening to Jesse on his flute around the fire.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17899 on: January 17, 2021, 12:05:16 pm »
Jesse's flutes and bag, more hide work, these we so big I decided to rack them back up to make them easier to soften, worked out nice, takes a little time but I think on a big hide it is worth the effort. What else have I got to do anyway. ??? ;) :) :) and of course Brats for lunch. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17900 on: January 17, 2021, 12:08:24 pm »
Jesse starting on another hide, my new ringing pole worked out very good. :) Some buddies showed up for some arrow flinging, after all it is an archery club. ??? ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17901 on: January 17, 2021, 12:14:52 pm »
Mark2 showed up and started on a pile of Osage Shawn brought down that needs to be debarked, lots to do but we will slowly get there, then some time around the fire, we had our yearly squirrel hunt Saturday, very cold and windy, squirrels weren't moving good and had the least killed in several years, I think I think 9 in all, I only seen 2 all day and they were moving fast very early in the morning. Brian our president won with 3, 1 body shot and 2 head shots. Fun all the same just to get out and wander. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #17902 on: January 17, 2021, 12:15:53 pm »
Those horn and antler bins are big, if your interested in trading let me know...  :D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17903 on: January 17, 2021, 12:32:25 pm »
Ya I am very blessed with supplies of all kinds I have been gifted/ gathered/ and saved over the years, don't do any selling and not much trading, But if you come visit I might give you some. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #17904 on: January 17, 2021, 01:09:38 pm »
What other events do you host besides the Tenn Classic?  I'm most interested in bow building, but I'd enjoy a shooting focused event to.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17905 on: January 17, 2021, 05:36:09 pm »
We do 2 open shoots, March and August and also are doing the IBO Traditional world again this year the 3rd weekend of July. Look on or web site for info.  [twinoaksbowhunters.org] We build a lot of bow at the Classic/flint napping and many other primitive skills but their is also a very well set up 40 target course for shooting competition and a 25 target course for fun and practice, we will have 500/600 shooters at it and many are there just for the shooting and not into self bows or primitive skills, a really good mix of folks.  :) Now the IBO World is just about all about the shooting with some good fellowship thrown in. :) Hope you can make it someday. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17906 on: January 18, 2021, 01:58:13 am »
Thanks Pappy - like the Wall  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Tradslinger

• Trad hunt, fish, metal detect, reload, garden, Vet
« Reply #17907 on: January 21, 2021, 06:08:56 am »
looking good Pappy, I know that it took a long time to get to where you are now with tons and tons of memories. it is so good that you are sharing your knowledge with others, makes for even more good times

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17908 on: January 22, 2021, 06:36:28 am »
Heading to the cabin for a couple of days, got a club meeting in the morning so that will be nice to see my old buddies, also got 4 hides to finish smoking today and tomorrow and a Hack berry bow in the works so I should be busy. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) :) :)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17909 on: January 24, 2021, 11:45:06 am »
Great weekend, not a lot of pictures, I stayed focused on my hides and that took up almost all the weekend, I got 5 finished and did add 1 more to the brains, I think this will be my last for the year. We also had a very good Club meeting and some time around the fire with a lot of old friends. :) Started it with getting the water repaired, went better than I figured it would. GregB showed up for some fire time and work on a powder horn :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good