Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609799 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17955 on: February 14, 2021, 01:56:39 pm »
Hide after pre smoke, now 3 more soakings in the brains and pull till it's dry, looking really good right now. Grand babies came to visit Saturday, man I love having them around and hope this turns into a habit for them. Lots of fun around the fire, seemed everyone wanted to be close to it this weekend. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17956 on: February 14, 2021, 02:02:53 pm »
Margaret Ann is really get use to Sally and Sister, she has been scared of them but getting better all the time, thats a good thing because I love my Grand Baby but also love my dogs and this is their home. ???  ??? Shawn's Frankenstein bow, broke bow with new late model limb added, ;) worked out nice. ;) :) :) Then of course Brats for lunch, and wild hog hot dogs. ;) Made some head way on my knife, it is almost ready to be heat treated and tempered.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17957 on: February 14, 2021, 02:27:05 pm »
Mark2 showed up for a little while, don't think he likes the cold weather, said he had things to do , but bet they were inside. We did get out to shoot Saturday evening, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, then a peaceful late evening with me and the girls around the fire. Hope yall have a good one,stay warm and safe, looks like this is going to be a fun week here if it shapes up like they say it is supposed to. :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 02:42:00 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #17958 on: February 14, 2021, 08:47:29 pm »
Thumbs up on all the pictures!!!! As always Thank you for taking the time to post the happenings down your way. Seeing all of it, inspires me to get off the couch and do something!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17959 on: February 15, 2021, 03:41:30 am »
Good luck with the Snow & Ice ! Saturday, that Nor'Easter came thru Michigan . Matt & I and a lot of other Folks were out fishing, but not a Fish was caught by anyone We saw/talked to  (A) ! Thanks as always Pappy - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17960 on: February 15, 2021, 09:54:11 am »
Ya it snowed here last night and is still coming, they say say 6-8 but we will see, :-\ they are usually wrong, ;) looking forward to getting out in it in a little bit, my girls don't see this much but love to play in it, really cold here also for us Tennessee boys, in the teens for the high and North winds at about 10 mpg so kind of chilly. :) Glad you enjoyed Bob/Brian. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17961 on: February 17, 2021, 09:03:39 am »
Had fun at the farm yesterday and as you can see so did the Girls. :) It's cold and more snow today and tomorrow, but seems if you just get out in it , you get use to it , it is Beautiful for sure. Guess I wouldn't want it all the time but for a short time it's pretty cool for me. :) I guess it will all get better soon enough  :-\ as my old uncle use to tell me when I would ask "do you think it is ever going to stop raining" he would say "well Mark I don't know for sure but it always has before"  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17962 on: February 17, 2021, 10:45:01 am »
Pappy, the girls are so happy they are levitating. Dogs love snow!  (S)
 We are heading for an ice storm tonight and tomorrow. Ice is pretty rare here where we live, not so much just a few miles down the road. In the 30 years we've lived here we have only had one major ice storm, a few smaller ones but only the one major one.
 Our daughter lives in Houston. She's been out of power and water for 2 days. Her apartment was 59 degrees yesterday morning.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #17963 on: February 17, 2021, 11:42:43 am »
And people panic about global warming...

Offline HH~

« Reply #17964 on: February 17, 2021, 11:56:08 am »
Release the hounds....

Shawn<
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17965 on: February 18, 2021, 09:45:42 am »
Ya we got 2 or 3 more inches last night so should be fun to get out in today, the weather is supposed to be really cold for the next day or 2 then warm back up close to normal,[what ever normal is anymore]  :-\ ::) ;)  going to get sloppy , but HA, it's always something when you play outside, take what the Good Lord gives us and enjoy. ;) :) Be kind of boring if everyday was the same. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17966 on: February 18, 2021, 10:48:12 am »
We dodged the bullet here last night. They were calling for heavy freezing rain but the temp hovered around 32-33 deg so only light icing in the trees with 2/3" of rain. Our daughter is still out of power and water in Houston, this will be her 4th day. She had intermittent power 2 days ago so when it came on she recharged everything, refilled her bathtub(for flushing water) drew up plenty of drinking water and hunkered down again.  Now, any water they do get has to be boiled, without electricity.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HH~

« Reply #17967 on: February 18, 2021, 11:32:13 am »
Got 4" just up road Pap. Had to do my neighbors walks and drives. Done now. Time to work on bow and maybe get out and call some Yotes.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #17968 on: February 18, 2021, 12:58:55 pm »
Last winter we were without power for 7 days, with a 8 hour break in the middle.  I hope the Texans will be ok though (I hear the Californians who just moved there are feeling right at home now >:D) I guess a freeze there is like a hurricane hitting us.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #17969 on: February 18, 2021, 08:36:27 pm »
Pappy, just alittle heads up, watch how much snow piles up on your out buildings at the farm, if it rains it can get really heavy fast, I was always amazed at your workshop areas when I was there, flat and seemed way underbuilt roofs compared to our buildings up here, Must be heavy duty enough still shedding the elements. Sometimes we have 3 to 4 ft. of snow on roof and if rains alot of old barns and some newer ones just cave in. Wet snow is heavy :( It was 4 degrees the other morning so not much thawing here, we have actually lucked out and missed alot of these storms. Way down on our seasonal snow numbers, something like 48" so far but usually at about 78" at this time of yr. Probably catch up this spring  >:(. Enjoy your snow while it last and let me know if ya need some more. Bob ;D