Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609184 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17970 on: February 19, 2021, 09:23:02 am »
No Bob I think we have enough for now  ;) We get some snow now and then but never like you talk about, never had a problem with the sheds and roofs. Headed down this morning for the weekend, cleaned out the fire pit yesterday so a fire should be easy to come by, single digits this morning and and highs in the 20's, then again lows in single digits and warm in the 40 for Saturday.Be like a heat wave, hasn't been above freezing in over a week. I know one thing it will be a sloppy mess when it thaws, just have to deal with it. I have a knife and hides to work on under roof so it should be fun. Hope yall have a great weekend. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17971 on: February 19, 2021, 09:45:38 am »
If we dont get some warm weather soon i will have ice melt backing up under my shingles! My gutters are froze up solid. 8 degrees and we had snow melt off roof yesterday. I got to knock 3fy icicles off this morning! No t good. We dont put heat cols in gutters here.
All fun until you got water backing up under yer roof!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #17972 on: February 19, 2021, 10:05:16 am »
Shawn, do they put ice guard on  under first 3 ' of roof in Tenn? Ice dams on overhangs are a royal pain in the Ya, I think even with 10" or more of insulation ya always have heat loss at wall line , Most of the time less than 4" insulation at wall line unless ya have artic trusses( extra high heel cut). Heat loss at wall line melts snow then freeze again by the time it gets to gutter line. Ice Guard doesn't stop ice build up just makes back up further before leaks. Just my .02 worth on subject. Enjoy your snow only 30 more days till spring :o Bob :-T

Offline HH~

« Reply #17973 on: February 19, 2021, 10:52:09 am »
I did when i put my addition on. Put ice & water in valleys and gutteline but old roof dont have it. I grew up in great white north. Down here the builders wont spend a dime more on anything. All cookie cutter stuff here unles you have a custom home built.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17974 on: February 21, 2021, 01:46:07 pm »
Very cold and snowy week here in Tennessee, making it just fine though, had a good time at the cabin, got some stuff done and went on a little rabbit hunt, 4 rabbits jumped, 2 arrows shot, no rabbits harmed. ;) Got my knife finished and 2 hides brained and in good shape, ready for final stretching /drying and smoke. We spent a lot of time close to the fire just shooting the bull which was nice. I am going to try and post a few pictures, things are running really slow right now so it may be later in the day.
Lots of snow for us, we had fun in it, especially the girls. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17975 on: February 21, 2021, 01:50:31 pm »
Lots of snow and ice, the girls cover held up surprisingly , figured for sure it would come down, guess the army makes some pretty good stuff. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17976 on: February 21, 2021, 01:54:24 pm »
Even the birds wanted in under the shed, this one stayed and watched as I stretched on a hide, she seem to enjoy my company. ;) :) :) Got my blade tempered and heat treated. :) Ready for clean up and the handle. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17977 on: February 21, 2021, 01:58:59 pm »
Then out on the Rabbit hunt, lots of sign but you had to step right on them to get them to move, should have taken Sister on after thought. ???  kicked up 4 rabbits and had 2 shots, their was 4 of us and we did shoot a lot of arrows at snow piles and bushes, ;) :)  great fun on a beautiful day. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17978 on: February 21, 2021, 02:04:36 pm »
We got a lot of good exercise if nothing else  :-\ :) Really fun day , even with no rabbits with friends and bows. Bill showed up and finished his hatchet and GregB with his latest powder horn, beautiful work by both. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17979 on: February 21, 2021, 02:18:39 pm »
More of Greg's  work and a lunch of brats and back strap. Yum Yum, made the cold go away.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #17980 on: February 21, 2021, 02:19:19 pm »
Nice work on the hatchet and the horn.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17981 on: February 21, 2021, 02:23:23 pm »
Brats and back straps done to perfection. ;) :) Big knife all finished except for sealing the handle and next knife project in the works. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #17982 on: February 21, 2021, 10:40:33 pm »
Dang, Looks like ya got some Yankee on the tops of your buildings ;D. Looks nice and sunny though. We had 0 deg. this morning perfect for freezing in Brains. I thawed out one of my hides from brains froze in and rung it out and soften up real nice and seemed not to take as long to dry. May have had something with wood stove and fan on it. getting a little break this week so I got 2 ready to smoke, Will sister run rabbits for ya, lot of fun trying to kill them with bows. Later Bob :D

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17983 on: February 22, 2021, 04:35:55 am »
Wabbits and Snow, make for alot of FUN with a Bow in Your hands and some Judo tipped Arrows  (SH) ! Sure looks odd, with that snow on the ground the (A)re. Thanks for sharing Pappy - stay warm - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17984 on: February 22, 2021, 09:35:34 am »
Ya it's been a little different for us Bob, we get snow now and then but usually don't last this long. Sister will run anything but mainly trained for tracking deer so not sure how she would do on an actual rabbit hunt, :-\  she would bust up the brush for us I am sure, just don't know how close she would stay, season closes here Sunday anyway and the snow will be gone today so I guess I will have to try her another year. :) Ya Bob I have found freezing the hides after a good braining seems to help also. Got 2 in the freezer now I plan on working this week, plus if I get tired of working one I just wrap it up in a bag and put it back in the freezer until I feel like it again. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good