Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610905 times)

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18000 on: February 28, 2021, 10:35:32 pm »
You think Michigan folks are yankees?  I thought so to till I came to New England  (lol)

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18001 on: March 01, 2021, 04:23:58 am »
Motley lookin' Crew there Pappy  (lol) ! Thanks as always - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18002 on: March 01, 2021, 09:05:21 am »
Yes they are Bob, great bunch of guys and really good friends. :) Well the rain and wind has finely about stopped here so I guess I will head to the farm and see if I have any damage and the girls are OK.  :-\ Bet my pond is full. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #18003 on: March 01, 2021, 10:36:14 am »
Pappy, you have  really stepped up your knife building skills, All of them look really good but the one in the truck console is just super. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18004 on: March 02, 2021, 09:17:35 am »
Thanks Bob, I enjoy making them, especially out of old rasps and files. The one in the truck I gave to Buck Hollow for their table, the large one is for Elm Hall's table, the little ones I give some away but mostly for around my neck. ;) :) :) a man can't have to many neck knives. :) Headed down this morning for some clean up, had a lot of drive washing and a couple of ditches ran over the entrance to the lower camp ground, guess that's what you get when you build a club at the bottom of a hollow. I told the guys years after the fact that we should have built TwinOaks on top of the hill instead of the bottom. ??? ;) :) We ant the smartest bunch ya Know. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18005 on: March 05, 2021, 08:43:18 am »
Heading to the cabin for some fun and relaxing, got a couple of things going as usual but not to much planned. Hope yall have a great weekend. Life is Good. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18006 on: March 07, 2021, 06:00:22 pm »
What a beautiful weekend, got a few things done and lots of good fellowship with my friends. Few pictures of the fun. My latest neck knife ready to heat treat the blade and assemble. Also found another deer skull laying around [imagine that] ;) so I cut the center and saved for later projects, love them things for some reason. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:34:28 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18007 on: March 07, 2021, 06:02:28 pm »
Another hide ready for smoke and my blade heat treated,[red neck forge] :)  ready for clean up and the over for a couple of hours to temper. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18008 on: March 07, 2021, 06:07:59 pm »
GregB had a really nasty piece of IW that need a lot of work so we decided to fire up the steamer to see if we could get the worst out before using dry heat, worked like a champ, took almost all of the propeller out and as you can see it was about 90 degrees.
Hadn't used the steamer in a while and worked great after I got the mouse nest out of the right side pipe. ??? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18009 on: March 07, 2021, 06:12:46 pm »
Bill was working on cleaning and straightening the napping pit to get ready for the Classic, he decided to take a break and do some napping his self. :) All work and no play Ya know. ;) Got my blade tempered and handle glued up and my last hide for the year smoking, well I say my last one but I also said that about 3 hides ago. :-\ :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:36:02 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18010 on: March 07, 2021, 06:22:16 pm »
Need to make some sheaths now. :) Next knife project in the works, had a good fire so I softened this latest file, it is ready to work now. :) Have a very good friend that decided to string his bow backwards, well as we know that ant good, I am trying to fix it, not a lot of hope and if was mine I Would cook with it but since it was on the belly and the back still intact I decided to give a try for him, he loved that bow. Got it all glued up and we will see in a day or 2 if it is going to work, if it happens to work he will be very happy and it will be the worst break I have ever tried to repair, cross you fingers. :) :) I used some really good glue we use for lam bows ,so who knows. :-\ not much supplies or time wasted. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18011 on: March 07, 2021, 06:25:15 pm »
Mark showed up to work on his daughters bow and also his hole in the limb bow and of course no Saturday would not be the same without brats for lunch.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:38:08 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stoker

« Reply #18012 on: March 07, 2021, 06:28:33 pm »
Another good weekend Pappy. That bow going to be a learning experience, not all will be lost
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18013 on: March 07, 2021, 06:29:38 pm »
Shawn brought his blade over he has been working on and I heat treated it and put it in the oven to temper, while it was cooking we went out and shot the range, good fun and all shot well, 2 self bows and 2 boo back Osage bows. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18014 on: March 07, 2021, 06:33:35 pm »
You are right Leroy, nothing really lost in an attempt like that. :) Shawn's blade out of the oven, just needs cleaning and polishing and ready to assemble. :) Good times for sure, that's it for the weekend, hope yall had a great one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good