Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610132 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18045 on: March 22, 2021, 08:48:24 am »
You are welcome Bob, never had that trouble Morgan, don't know what I do different. ???  I try and leave at least some of the file markings in the blades, depending on the thickness will determine how much is left and sometimes have to adjust the blade tapper to be sure some is left, this one only a narrow part at the top and to rib was left.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #18046 on: March 22, 2021, 12:10:19 pm »
Good looking meat cutting slicer.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18047 on: March 23, 2021, 08:18:57 am »
Started the stand for it yesterday, think I will put it on the raffle table at the Classic, I really like the blade design so guess I will have to make another for myself.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18048 on: March 26, 2021, 08:17:47 am »
Made it through the storms yesterday, so far so good here, hope everyone else is OK. :) Headed to the cabin this morning to check things out and spend a couple of days. Got a few projects in mind but we will just have to see how the day goes.That's what I love about being retired, I don't plan my days just let my days plan me. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also.  ;) :)
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18049 on: March 26, 2021, 04:52:40 pm »
From yesterday morning until this morning we had 6 1/2" of rain, a tornado threat and today it feel like summer. The weather guy said a chance of snow on April 1st. Must be spring.  (R (-S (W (S)  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18050 on: March 28, 2021, 07:21:51 pm »
Yep Spring, got to love it, in the 70 this week and down to 25 for low Thursday night. Their goes my apple trees. ??? happens almost every year, looks like the trees would learn, IT'S TO EARLY, ;) :) :) Great weekend, lots of time in the shop but did get out on the practice once Friday and 2 rounds Saturday between the rain. Good time with good friends. Mostly knife work with a few little things thrown in. This is my last knife ready for the raffle table at the Classic, I think it turned out pretty good. :) the horn and stop are pinned with 1/4 brass pins and also glued down. :) Walnut stand cut on the farm.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18051 on: March 28, 2021, 07:27:28 pm »
Sheaths made for my last 2 neck knives, rawhide liner with blade guard and covered with brain tan, lanyard plaided from hemp cordage ,3 stands. :) I like the looks of leather lanyards but the hemp hold up much better if you plan on using them as I do.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:55:01 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18052 on: March 28, 2021, 07:32:30 pm »
GregB and I built a new bench for our vices and revamped another for 2 vices instead of 1, I think we are ready with vices for the classic and have made a lot more room around the tiller boards with our moves.  :) always trying to improve. :) Greg tweaking and Osage bow while Don watches, Don is just trying to learn and with Greg's help and some hands on he is coming along nicely. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18053 on: March 28, 2021, 07:38:48 pm »
A couple gifts from EddieC at the last shoot, always room for more bird houses, he also made a nice one for the raffle table at the Classic. I am working on and Osage I cut in 2002, I roughed it out in 2012 and now on the long string, really beautiful piece of Osage but has a lot of dips and dives and also some propeller in the mid limbs that makes it a challenge to tiller, when you look at it from one side it looks flat mid limb, look from the other it don't, ??? so it goes with Osage. ;) :) looking pretty good so far.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:56:34 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18054 on: March 28, 2021, 07:43:01 pm »
Osage to low first brace. :) My girls just relaxing . Repaired my pipe for my steamer and shortened it to 75 inches, it was 100 inches and leaked in a few places, looking forward to trying it out and see how it works now. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:57:22 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18055 on: March 28, 2021, 07:53:12 pm »
Shawn trying out our new bench, debarking a Mullberry stave, seemed to work fine and very solid. Had a guy approach me at our last shoot, really nice guy and wanted to know if I could fix the tip on and old bow that was his dads, built in the 60's, looks like new except for the tip. :) I told him I would see, Shawn is much better with glass bows than I so I ask for his help, I think we will be able to make it work. Needs a new tip and some string grove repair, looking good so far, even found a piece of wood in my box that will match the other tip almost prefect. :) :)Love it when a plan comes together, that is kind of how we roll down there, if one can't do it someone else can, and will jump in to help,or we will learn together. :) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:58:41 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18056 on: March 28, 2021, 08:03:42 pm »
It’s a pain on my phone but a needed a Twin Oaks fix. Looks like spring popping out everywhere. You guys seem to busy as usual and looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Give Miss Joannie a hug from me and Kathie and tell everybody hi.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18057 on: March 28, 2021, 08:10:51 pm »
Good to hear from you Eddie, hope you are getting settled can make it up soon, Turkey opens Saturday, ;) I think Dave is coming in the 9th or 10th, since this coming weekend is Easter. I will tell Miss Joanie and you do the same to Miss Kathie , miss you guys.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18058 on: March 29, 2021, 03:47:39 am »
My Week is off to a good start now - Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18059 on: March 29, 2021, 07:43:47 am »
Thanks for sharing Pappy.

My apple trees know it’s to early yet. We could have planted some sugar beets but held off. Now it’s wet so we still have a bit of a wait yet.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise