Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610054 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18060 on: March 29, 2021, 08:03:08 am »
Ya BJ, I brought some wild apple trees from MI. last year and they are doing good but haven't budded yet, guess the yankee trees know better.  ;) :) :) You are welcome Bob, glad you enjoy.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #18061 on: March 29, 2021, 09:43:06 am »
I bring the glue and glue by this week. That bench is plenty solid for How did Woody say Dolly Pardon called him?

Never saw the bid boxes but was glad to see the Blackberrys up and doing well. Rain boy we've had al ton of early rains this year. Plenty folks in bad shape and sufferin  in middle Tennessee and not far from us. Prayers to those folks under water down on the Harpeth.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #18062 on: March 30, 2021, 04:07:55 pm »
I feel like if you mounted that knife stand on a wall it would make a cool coat hanger! but thats just me, i dont have enough knives to think about knife stands.  :)
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18063 on: March 31, 2021, 08:48:16 am »
You are probably right D21, I don't do leather work[well not good] so most of the knives I build I put on stands, Got plenty of knives in sheaths to use when I need them.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18064 on: April 02, 2021, 09:15:18 am »
Heading to the cabin in a bit, got no real plans but am sure I will fine something to get into. Easter, so a very special weekend for me and my family and we feel very Blessed for the hope it gives :) hope yall have a great one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18065 on: April 03, 2021, 08:28:04 am »
Happy Easter Pappy.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18066 on: April 05, 2021, 08:12:58 am »
Thanks BJ,it was a good day. Had a good weekend also, very nice weather for a change , got some stuff done in the shop and also some meat and feathers. A few pictures. Got my bow finished for the raffle table, thought the name was appropriate . ;) Also Miss Joanie talked me out of one of my neck knives, ??? but since she ant going to wear it she wanted a stand to put it on, of course I got right on it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18067 on: April 05, 2021, 08:16:30 am »
Next knives ready to soften in the fire. GregB getting after the hickory stave for the Classic and the tip repair all glued up and ready to finish. Just happened to have some wood in my box that matched the other tip prefect. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18068 on: April 05, 2021, 08:19:23 am »
The other bow repair finished, it work out good to my surprise. Jesse working on a new tip for one of his flutes.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18069 on: April 05, 2021, 08:25:14 am »
Another Osage splice cut and ready to glue up and also splice I was told was very old Yew, turns out it was ERC, ::)  very clean and good even thin sap wood but still not Yew. :) Should have known but really couldn't tell until I went to clean it up, then the smell gave it away. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18070 on: April 05, 2021, 08:30:33 am »
Then Saturday morning was Turkey time, Shawn and I went out and was done with a double by 7:30, a pair of Jakes, meat and feathers, hard to beat that. BigA mounting the last vice for the shop, should have plenty of vices and more room in the shop at the Classic. :) Files softened and ready to shape into more knives, just what I need, more knives. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18071 on: April 05, 2021, 08:32:39 am »
Jesse tuning up his napping getting ready for the Classic, lots of napping going on at that, also working on his fire starting. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18072 on: April 05, 2021, 08:35:53 am »
Fire went well. :) I got another Osage sliver turned into a nice bow blank ready for someone that wants a 40lb bow, really cool stave with a couple of holes and some character. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18073 on: April 05, 2021, 08:43:58 am »
Got the TwinOaks bow off the form and tillered out to 40@22 right now, looking for 48@28  it will also go on the raffle table at the Classic if i can get it done, after tillering Greg is going to do the tips and big A is going to finish it, Mark is making the string,it is from some really nice Osage we cut in 2002, I shaped it in 2012  Will H done some refining in 2016 and now for the finish work in 2021 so to say it is well seasoned is and under statement. :) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18074 on: April 06, 2021, 03:56:12 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.