Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610088 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18075 on: April 07, 2021, 08:25:53 am »
You are welcome Bob. :) Got the TwinOaks bow tillered yesterday, 48@28 now on to GregB for tip over lays and then to BigA for the grip work, then back to me for some writing and sealing, got to get on the ball only a few weeks till the Classic. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18076 on: April 08, 2021, 09:21:56 am »
Headed down in a bit for the weekend, going to KY.early in the morning for the day at the Trad fest, should be fun, got 3 more going with me, it will be a long day for sure then back to the cabin for a meeting and working Saturday, got the ranges laid out for the Classic and lots of little chores to get finished up, got people coming in as early as the 24th for the Classic ??? so time is getting short, better get off my behind and get it done. Hope yall have a great weekend also. Life is Good. :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18077 on: April 09, 2021, 12:13:59 pm »
The Twin Oaks bow sounds like it will be a proper prize.  Looking forward to seeing that go down.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18078 on: April 11, 2021, 05:23:26 pm »
I hope so Steve, it is a nice piece of wood. Had a good weekend. Done some bush hogging Thursday and had some bad luck, my old hat of 20+ years meet it maker when it fell off the tractor under the bush hog  >:( so I had to go back to my older hat I had retired, very sad day. ;) >:( Also softened some more files for knives.Shawn showed up for some bow work so even with the loss of my old friend [hat] it was a good day. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:01:14 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18079 on: April 11, 2021, 05:28:59 pm »
Files ready for a knife. Shawn capping out Mark's deer head to be mounted and also got all the stuff on the wall of the pavilion that goes up for the Classic. Then Friday morning we headed up to KY. to the Trad fest, left a 4am and got back around 3:30pm long day but lots of fun shooting with my buddies and talking with some old friends. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18080 on: April 11, 2021, 05:33:00 pm »
4 of us road up together and meet 4 more when we got there, in all 8 from Twin oaks went. :) Good showing for us and they had a nice course set up for us to enjoy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18081 on: April 11, 2021, 05:37:41 pm »
More from the shoot. When we got back we done a little more prep work for the Classic and then went out and shot our practice range,I think I shot well over 100 arrows at targets Friday. ;) New Flags are flying at Twin oaks. :) That's always a sign of Spring.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 05:57:23 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18082 on: April 11, 2021, 05:42:16 pm »
GregB got the tip over lays on the TwinOaks bow[cow horn] now off the BigA for some handle and grip work, then back to me for the writing and finishing, came out 48@28. I shot it on our practice course and it is quite and shoot well, I think some one will like it. One of my Friends Matt came down and brought his daughter Clair , she loves the creek/Pappy and both my girls especially Sister ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 05:58:18 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18083 on: April 11, 2021, 05:52:24 pm »
One of my buddies Tracy, brought 2 loads of mulch and his dump trailer for me to use , we got it put out for the vendor tent set up, I am supposed to have 10 or 15 more loads coming this week. That will be my last big job getting it all spread before the Classic. It's a lot of work but really helps if we get rain and we usually do. :) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18084 on: April 12, 2021, 04:40:44 am »
Nuthun' Cuter than Kids & Dogs ! Sorry to hear about the Hat Pappy - Thanks - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18085 on: April 12, 2021, 08:50:01 am »
Ya Bob, it was a sad day, been wearing that hat for over 20 years, tried to get Miss Joanie to sew it back up but she sad NO. ;) :)
Guess I will just wear my other old one, not sure I have enough time to break in another. :-\ My old Dodge laid down on me last week so got to put a fuel pump in it, ant sure who had the bright idea to put that in the fuel tank but if I could fine him/her I would give them a swift kick in the behind, ;) :)  you either have to drop the tank/pull the bed or cut a hole in the bed. Not sure which I will do yet but I do know after 32 years I will have some rusty bolts to deal with so the hole in the bed may be the ticket, we will see today.Got plenty of other things I need to be doing but I got to have my old truck so it will take priority for now.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #18086 on: April 12, 2021, 10:15:17 am »
Pappy sounds like the rest of your week can only go one way, after mashing your favorite hat and your ole truck going down , things can only get better. See ya in a couple, Let me know if ya need any northern materials. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18087 on: April 13, 2021, 08:30:46 am »
Ya Bob as they say it could always be a lot worse, life is still very good. ;) :) Got the fuel pump in yesterday, still got a few little things to do to it but should be back up and going today. :) Don't know why but still enjoy wrenching once in a while, always have since I was a kid ,done it for over 45 years for a living, guess it was just born in me.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #18088 on: April 13, 2021, 10:14:15 am »
We need to find you a new heavy felt hat. When Bucky came off the hill and said Pappy bushhogged his hat up. I was thinking "Geez this is gonna be bad". I have to say you took it like a champ but they way you were holding it I know that thing was like an old friend.

Whose that ol selfbow hunter splitting the lip on that Mule headed buck?

When I dropped that deer cape off  Marc said " that dear had an eye nose measurement of 7 3/4"?
I said "yes". He said " thats a big headed long nosed buck". He wanted to see it so he left to thaw out immediately.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18089 on: April 13, 2021, 10:40:00 am »
Like Miss Joanie said , you head could have been in it 😉Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good