Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609872 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18405 on: October 03, 2021, 07:01:31 pm »
Couple of knives finished and another started.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18406 on: October 03, 2021, 07:04:37 pm »
A great week for sure, had lots of friends drop by and lots of fellowship, like I said glad to be home but always love the time I spend at the cabin and in the woods. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18407 on: October 04, 2021, 04:50:56 am »
Wished I could have been there  too Pappy ! Man - sure stacking the Deer up, lot's of good Meat ! Thanks as always Pappy  (=) - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18408 on: October 04, 2021, 10:20:12 am »
Looks like one heck of a weekend.  Deer movement just about dried up this weekend and very few sightings during daylight hours in WNY.  Still had a fun time at camp retelling the old stories to the new guys until midnight Saturday.  Tough to get up at 4am though.  Great tracking Sister and that is a beauty of a buck Anthony.  I wish I was closer to give you a hand processing all that venison. 

Have a good one,
Glenn

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #18409 on: October 04, 2021, 01:38:27 pm »
Hey, Pappy, do you have chronic wasting disease there in TN?  We are "strongly advised" not to use brains anymore around here because CWD is so common.  So I'm trying to learn to bark-tan.  If I manage to whack a deer this year, I might try bearberry leaves. 
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18410 on: October 05, 2021, 08:28:31 am »
Ya Glenn I haven't been out much since opening weekend, been raining and I have been a little busy but the last couple times out didn't even see a squirrel and others have told me it has been a little slow, and yes wished you was closer, big job cutting and packaging 4 deer , I got it all cut and ready to vacuum seal today, never thought I would get tired of cutting up back strap. ???  I always save them to last and by the time i got to them I was ready to be done, took about 6 hours and still have 25 lbs of scrap that I couldn't make steaks and roast out of to grind. O well glad I am retired. ;) :) :) No WB , no problems in this area that I have heard about so I guess I will keep using the brains, guess I should worry about stuff like that more but just never have, I don't even use gloves to field dressing and working with meat or brains, I keep my hand washed but that's about it. I tell my Miss Joanie if anyone has a immune system it should be me.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18411 on: October 06, 2021, 08:38:58 am »
Well about another 5 hours yesterday and all done, all wrapped and in the freezer,lots of steaks and roast and 25 lbs of ground packaged in 5lb pack for my winter brat making. ;) Now it's time to get back in the woods, freezer is pretty full so no pressure now.  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18412 on: October 07, 2021, 11:02:15 am »
Great pictures, Pappy. I love looking at pictures from Twin Oaks this town of year. Makes me antsy to get up there. Missing all of my Buddies and the fun. It will be so much nicer being retired now.
Have several nice deer on the cameras down here and Chris and I have been out for the last two weeks but we need some cooler weather to get them to moving in the daytime better. We had a late frost last year and it seems like the acorn drop is not as good this year. But it's still early in the season. Looking forward to seeing y'all.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18413 on: October 08, 2021, 08:31:03 am »
Good to hear from you Eddie, glad all is going well and maybe see ya in November.  ;) Headed to the cabin in a bit, got some cleaning and straighten to do around the place. I am having the Baggett reunion at the farm this Sunday !!! first time to have it there so I want the place to look good. A lot of my extended family have never seen the place before. We usually have it at Phil's
which is the Baggett home place and been in our family for 146 years, it is right across the road from my place that has been in the family for 82 years yet some haven't seen it so I am excited for them to visit, it will be different from Phil's place for sure and I am sure will interest a lot of them ,Phil's is more modern and yall know what my place looks like  ;) :) . It is cutting into my hunting time ??? but will be worth it I think to share with my family. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is good.  :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18414 on: October 11, 2021, 06:00:31 pm »
Great weekend, got in a little hunting but spent most of it getting ready for the Baggett reunion, it turned out good, about 50 attended, not as many as we had hoped for but still a good crowd. Nice weather and most had never been there or even knew that our farm has been in the family for 80+ years, most had never seen anything like that and call it a museum  :) :) funny I live it most every day and although I know it is special I seem to forget from time to time. Any way a few pictures of getting things ready, for all you that have been there , you have seen it but this might be interesting for those that haven't visited. Of course i keep the fire burning. ;) :) Big A was down to help out and work on an IW bow. I put out a lot of the stuff we do down there for people to look at and ask questions about, Seemed everyone was very interested and spent a lot of time just wandering around looking at stuff. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 06:15:45 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18415 on: October 11, 2021, 06:01:53 pm »
More around the place, don't think it ever looked better. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18416 on: October 11, 2021, 06:03:13 pm »
All the tables in place and kitchen area clean and ready for use. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18417 on: October 11, 2021, 06:04:39 pm »
Napping pit in shape, lots of questions about that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18418 on: October 11, 2021, 06:06:12 pm »
Work area as it is most of the time, I did put out some knives and bows in the works.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18419 on: October 11, 2021, 06:13:59 pm »
Yard and outside areas all cleaned/mowed and leaves blown, and the kids loved the castle , may get one of them for the Classic. ??? :-\ ;) :) Sally getting Sister all cleaned up also, she act like a Mother Cat and keeps Sister licked clean after a run. Hope yall had a good one also.I know I enjoyed it, love to see all the family so interested in what I do. By the way the meal was great, Brisket/Bar B Q and all the fixing, I made a big bowl of home made potato salad with new potato from Dave, it went over very good, thanks Dave.  ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good