Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610008 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18435 on: October 20, 2021, 07:59:39 pm »
Back strap and gravy for supper, then back to my knife projects, stained the sheath with walnut stain I had made . Neck knife handle fitted , now ready to work the blade and heat treat and temper. Also got my blade mounted, wrapped with wet rawhide so should tighten up nicely.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 08:05:03 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18436 on: October 20, 2021, 08:03:41 pm »
Long week but very enjoyable, hope yall had a good one also. Life is good. VERY GOOD IN FACT.Tomorrow I will be a grand Daddy again, Beau and Christina are having their 3rd in the morning Good Lord willing.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18437 on: October 21, 2021, 04:29:36 am »
Wow - Lot's of Deer ! The Rut is going Full bore here - with the Full Moon, the Roads are littered with Road Kills  :'( ! Thanks Pappy - Bob  (=).
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18438 on: October 21, 2021, 08:11:29 am »
Bob It's not wide open here yet but the bucks are just wandering around checking things out as they do in late October, I like this time of year better than when the full rut hits, if you see um you can usually get a shot now, when the full rut starts you just have to be lucky enough for them to stop near your stand.  ;) You will usually see bigger Bucks when the rut is hot but getting a shot at them with what I hunt with is tough to say the least. I am OK with the smaller ones anyway. ;) yep road kill gets bad this time of year here also.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18439 on: October 21, 2021, 10:18:57 am »
Congrats on a good harvest Pappy and Will!  The Titans got lucky.  I bet you guys were nervous with all those Yankees running around Nashville.  At least they didn't bring the U-Hauls, so you guys are safe.   

Prayers and blessings to Beau and Christina for a safe delivery.

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #18440 on: October 21, 2021, 11:54:04 am »
I like your knives and post. Deer also

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #18441 on: October 21, 2021, 05:50:13 pm »
Beautiful knives, beautiful deer!   :)   T
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18442 on: October 22, 2021, 06:02:37 am »
Thanks guys, great day for me and my family, well yesterday  :) :) Another bow hunter Tanner Rhys Baggett was born , October 21 th 2021 at 6:15 pm he weighted 8 lbs 13 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. Mom and Baby doing well. I really was hoping it was going to be a Boy, 1 girl having PapPap wrapped is enough, ;) :) the boys have me wrapped also and Love them all the same but little girls are just different. :) I am headed to the cabin in a bit and finish up Tanners bow, got one ready and waiting cut to 23 inches t-t, just need to cut it down to 21 1/2 inches t-t finish tillering and finish work, it is a nice piece of Hickory cut from our farm this will be his first bow. ;) :) NaNa [MissJoanie] and PapPap [ Me] are so excited, we haven't got to see him yet except for face time because of hospital rules on visitors right now but hope they will be home Sunday if all goes well so we can hold him. Hope yall have a good one also.  :) Life is good. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18443 on: October 22, 2021, 09:39:53 am »
Heartfelt congratulations to all, Pappy.  So pleased for you.  Your excitement in your post really makes my morning smile!   :)
1’—>1’

Offline Stoker

« Reply #18444 on: October 22, 2021, 10:25:15 am »
Congratulations on the new little one. Being a grandparent is a wonderful thing.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline BrianS

« Reply #18445 on: October 22, 2021, 11:13:54 am »
Congratulations!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18446 on: October 23, 2021, 05:48:05 am »
Congrats Pappy and Miss Joanie !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18447 on: October 24, 2021, 06:02:43 pm »
Thanks guys, got to see him in person today, fine looking young man.  :BB Had a great weekend at the cabin also, didn't do any hunting but got a lot of things done. Spent most of the day Friday working on my neck knife and tanners new bow, the fine piece of Hickory ??? >:( popped a splinter, I tried a wrap but decided to just make another out of Osage, we all know Osage is King. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18448 on: October 24, 2021, 06:05:42 pm »
Jesse showed up, the two bucks I killed I gave him the hides, I still have 8 or 9 in rawhide form now and he didn't have any. He went right to work on them and got them fleshed and racked. The Hickory was looking good before the splinter  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18449 on: October 24, 2021, 06:09:36 pm »
The Osage in the works, it is for this Guy. :) 2 of my buddies showed up with self bow kills , Will and Bucky, both with osage bows they built, nice job guys. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good