Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609890 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18450 on: October 24, 2021, 06:13:54 pm »
Got both my bucks skull capped and brains saved and also all the meat cut up and packaged Saturday. ;) :) Neck knife heat treated and tempered and all glued up ready to finish.  ;) Mark2 showed up and made a string for Joe, he just came across this old Bear, it really shoots well. :) Then supper, Back strap and taters YUM, I am blessed with back strap right now so will enjoy as long as it last. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18451 on: October 24, 2021, 06:22:16 pm »
Neck knife all finished and making a sheath, raw hide liner and Brain tanned outer shell. Also liked the design so well I have started another .  ;)I know I say this a lot but I am truly Blessed with lots of stuff but mostly with good friends. Jesse gave me one of the flutes he has been making just because he heard me mention Margaret Ann wanted one and Will gave me this nice Turkey tail for no reason at all, don't understand it sometimes but it is very much appreciated. :) :)  Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 06:26:54 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18452 on: October 24, 2021, 11:36:57 pm »
That's great news, Pappy. Congrats to Mom, Dad and Margaret Ann, Nana and Pap Pap.   :OK
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 09:38:14 am by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18453 on: October 25, 2021, 03:50:12 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18454 on: October 26, 2021, 05:57:00 am »
Thanks Pat and you are welcome Bob. :) Headed to the cabin for a couple of days, Beau and i are hunting today and I may give it a try again in the morning, it has cooled off but rain starting tomorrow for a few days it looks like. Youth hunt this weekend so trying to get in another hunt or 2 before that happens. Got 3 young ones coming in for the weekend so that should be fun. Got them 2 blinds set up and 1 double ladder stand in some pretty good looking spots so hoping they will do some good but mostly just have a good time. Arvin Weaver is supposed to stop by for a couple of days also this week,He is going through Nashville headed to FL. for the winter, looking forward to that, haven't seen him in a year or 2, be good to spend some time with him around the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18455 on: October 27, 2021, 10:20:47 am »
Congratulations, Pappy on the new family addition! He sure does look like a Keeper. Hoping to see you next Friday, getting all packed up in between hunting. Got my season off to a good start with two in the freezer so far. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys and a shorter drive now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18456 on: October 29, 2021, 08:33:21 am »
Look forward to it Eddie, headed down this morning for the youth hunt this weekend, got 3 youth coming so should be a fun weekend. Hope to have some pictures and stories Monday. ;) Hope yall have a good one also.
 Life is good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18457 on: October 29, 2021, 08:34:37 am »
By the way Eddie, no pictures ???   "it didn't happen "  :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18458 on: November 01, 2021, 09:19:05 am »
Great weekend, had lot of time in the shop and kitchen working on hides and making brats, just waiting on the Kids the get out of the woods, I think they had a great time also. Had 2 girls and one 9 year old boy, BigA's grand kids. The 2 girls got deer and Lem had a couple of opportunities but just didn't work out. I will have some pictures and stories ones I get caught up a bit here at home. :) Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18459 on: November 01, 2021, 07:57:21 pm »
Few pictures of the weekend. ;) Started the weekend with some sheath work for my latest neck knife and another one started Also some hide work. Lots of deer coming in so got all the hides Jesse and I can handle. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18460 on: November 01, 2021, 08:00:13 pm »
1 neck knife all finished. Brats for lunch  ;) :) Arvin Weaver and his sweet wife showed up for a few days before heading to FL. Good to see them, really enjoyed their company.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18461 on: November 01, 2021, 08:02:56 pm »
He went right to work in the shop on a new Flight bow, Shawn showed up also work on his latest bow. My girls just relaxing by the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18462 on: November 01, 2021, 08:05:40 pm »
Jesse working on some flutes for the kids coming and hides , I also gathered some boo , he is going to show me how to make the flutes. :) Then a great supper over the fire. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 08:29:03 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18463 on: November 01, 2021, 08:07:45 pm »
Arvin and Shawn stayed hard at it and got both bows shooting. Then getting set up for brat making Friday.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18464 on: November 01, 2021, 08:09:51 pm »
Set and ready to start on the brats. The kids starting showing up Friday noon and just hung out and shot their bows.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good