Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609633 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18465 on: November 01, 2021, 08:12:54 pm »
Another neck knife in the works and got Tanner's bow ready to seal, Tennessee orange and white beads with hemp wrap grip and deer antler over lays.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18466 on: November 01, 2021, 08:15:26 pm »
New blade heat treated and tempered. Kids getting ready to head out, this was 2 of them's first hunt. Then to work on brats. We made 170 total.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18467 on: November 01, 2021, 08:19:15 pm »
The girls done good, both nice shots, 1 /7 point 120 lbs and the other a 93 lb doe, the big one was a good friend of mines Grand daughters, her first deer also, she is ruined for life now. Then they all got some instruction on skinning and processing the meat. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18468 on: November 01, 2021, 08:22:52 pm »
Another neck knife all finished up and Sally fat and happy, she love this time of year.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18469 on: November 01, 2021, 08:27:05 pm »
Another blade in the works, this one is a larger knife. Then the girls got to tell their stories around the fire and i got all the thanks I needed for having them. :) :) Got to love it, great time I think had by all. The kids were great and very well mannered, something you don't see a lot of these days. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 08:32:18 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18470 on: November 02, 2021, 04:07:50 am »
Congrats to all the Young People, and thank You Pappy for giving them a place to Hunt  :-D ! Life surely is good - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18471 on: November 03, 2021, 05:53:57 am »
I think I get more out of it than that do Bob.  ;) :) It's a great time of year to be in the woods but since I have killed out on bucks it seems that is all i see, hunting for doe's but can't seem to find them,just bucks, some say that's a good problem to have but not when you don't have a tag. Yesterday from the stand, and the same thing happened last week from another stand. Guess I need to put someone in these stands that have tags. :-\  Well Eddie/Dave and Chris and Shane from FL. will be here this weekend so hope it will be as good for them.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #18472 on: November 03, 2021, 08:45:47 am »
We'll try to help you out Pappy.  Right now all I'm seeing here at home is fawns.  I think the does have booted them and are getting ready for the rut.  We'll see.  Really looking forward to getting down there.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18473 on: November 03, 2021, 02:38:20 pm »
I'll see what I can do for your problem, also. I've got one doe and one buck tag left here. But we can buy more tags in SC.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18474 on: November 03, 2021, 02:39:24 pm »
I should be there Friday afternoon. Looking forward to that shorter drive.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18475 on: November 04, 2021, 09:02:43 am »
See ya soon Eddie, I am headed down this morning and will be there until all go home, looking forward to it. I plan on hunting a little but mostly just hanging out and working in the shop, and hopefully tracking some deer. Went out yesterday morning and saw 3 bucks and one very small doe,[maybe 60lbs dressed] had her at 15 yards and one of the bucks at 15 also, decided to pass on her, don't really know why , guess I am getting soft in my old age. ???  Guess all the big older doe are out on a date right now.  ;) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18476 on: November 11, 2021, 06:16:33 pm »
Back from the cabin and had a great 7 or 8 days. Had Eddie in and my buddies from FL. also Dave O from IN. Very good time. Only 1 deer taken by the bunch but all seen deer and had a few close encounters, guess that's all you can ask in bow hunting. I didn't hunt at all myself, just stayed in camp and worked in the shop while they were out. Few pictures of the week.  :) Lots of hide work this time of year. Jesse had one rip out on the bottom so since you can't really fix that once it is dry to rawhide he used a clamp / stick and another string to improvise and tighten it back up for scrapping.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18477 on: November 11, 2021, 06:18:22 pm »
I made a big pot of venison chili Friday nigh for the boys, they all said it was good, guess it was, it all got ate up. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18478 on: November 11, 2021, 06:21:15 pm »
Beau killed a nice buck Friday morning before the crown got there, Sister done a nice job tracking it, never missed a beat. I went right to work on it, got it skinned/boned and in the cooler. Got to euro mount the head.  :) Shawn showed up and skinned one of my coons in the freezer, had a little burn on the tail tip but other than that all good, man them things a greasy. :o ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 06:53:48 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18479 on: November 11, 2021, 06:26:56 pm »
Eddie showed up, always good to see him. ;) Hadn't seen him in a couple of years but he hasn't changed a bit. ;) Beau killed a doe Saturday morning and then killed another one Saturday evening along with Shane [Buddy from FL.] killed a 7 point. Good day but now I am really getting busy. :) Eddie giving lessons on how not to waste any meat. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good