Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610223 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18480 on: November 11, 2021, 06:30:41 pm »
More hides, I skinned /fleshed and racked 3 and Jesse done 4, we are running out of racks. Elk hide in the creek to re hydrate  so it can be racked. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18481 on: November 11, 2021, 06:33:19 pm »
Lots of fleshing and racking going on. Its just that time of year and no one wants the hides it seems but Jesse and I.  ??? My FL. boy getting ready to go out, you would think it was winter from the way the dressed. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18482 on: November 11, 2021, 06:36:02 pm »
I took some time while they were out to temper and heat treat a blade and get the handle fitted. Then what a beautiful night, the moon was prefect. How Blessed that made me feel.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18483 on: November 11, 2021, 06:38:49 pm »
Jesse went out and cut some ERC and we put together 4 more hide racks. I also finished up another neck knife. By the end of the week we had 9 hides in the rack, 4 mine and 5 Jesse's.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18484 on: November 11, 2021, 06:43:32 pm »
Found this big buck on the road that runs through my farm, thought he was pouched but after skinning [no holes] we figured he was road killed late the night before or early morning so we skinned and processed him and Will took the hide.Waste not want not I always say. He was the largest Buck I have ever seen come of my place , not sure on rack size because it had been cut off but after field dressing he weighted 195 lbs, just huge for this part of the country. I also took the time to set up another fish pond inside and moved my fish to it, now I don't have to worry about freeze up this winter.  :) Turned out pretty cool, a little bigger and my fish seem to like it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18485 on: November 11, 2021, 06:51:20 pm »
Kevin Brown killed a nice buck[recurve] and brought it down to skin, I have always wondered it the wind pipe on a deer would work for a grunt call, when this one dries I will let you know  :) Then we had another great supper of fresh venison and some of Dave's special stuff, we ate like kings all week and had lots of good fellowship around the fire/cabin and the woods. :) Always love them coming and look forward to next year Good Lord willing. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18486 on: November 12, 2021, 03:58:55 am »
Great Week-end ! Thanks Pappy  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18487 on: November 14, 2021, 07:33:56 pm »
Had a great weekend, didn't do much but hunt/work on knives and hang out with friends, for some odd reason Deer just weren't moving at least not where Beau and I were. ??? Maybe tomorrow. :-\ A few pictures. Finished a stand for the last knife I just finished, then softened another file . Eddie gave me a blade he had started but it was still hard, not sure how he worked it down. It needed some holes for scales and some blade shaping and tapering so I softened it, will re harden when the blade is finished.
Shawn showed up for some bow work.  :) Pappy
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 07:48:44 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18488 on: November 14, 2021, 07:35:56 pm »
File getting shaped and and edge put on before heat treating and temper, also handle fitted. Jesse showed up and decided to cut some fire wood, had and old Hickory down just above the cabin and he made short work of it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18489 on: November 14, 2021, 07:42:59 pm »
Guys bringing in some nice deer shot with smoke poles, one of the biggest 7 point I have ever seen, 196 lbs field dressed and 126 inches of antler, just a monster. I love folks coming down even if they ant in the club, we let them use the scales/wench and cooler if they need to, just kind of a community service I guess you could say. :) ;) ;) Blade ready to heat treat and temper and stuff laid of for a stand when finished. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18490 on: November 14, 2021, 07:45:10 pm »
Blade hardened and all glued up. The blade Eddie gave me, holes drilled and pretty much shaped , ready to re harden. My next victims , plan on a couple more big knives. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18491 on: November 15, 2021, 02:45:02 pm »
We had a fantastic time Pappy except for the side trip to the walk in clinic. The boys went home early Sunday morning with Tyler the only one connecting with a small three point buck. So with the road kill in Tennessee they all got to take some meat home. I didn't hunt while they were her, I was too busy grinding 45# of venison and processing Keith's deer and keeping the boys fed. I just finished up European the head on my eight point and starting on a road kill beaver tomorrow and back to hunting. Thanks a gain for everything and really looking forward to next year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18492 on: November 16, 2021, 03:32:20 am »
Thanks Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18493 on: November 16, 2021, 06:00:23 am »
Enjoyed having yall Eddie, glad they had some success at your place,things kind of slowed down here the last few days but heading out this morning to see if things have picked up. :-\ You never know this time of year, you can go from 0 to hero in just a few seconds. Lot of luck involved, just being in the right place at the right time and funny you never really know where that place might be so you just have to be out there. ;) Hope to see ya in the Spring. you are welcome Bob hope all is well with you. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18494 on: November 21, 2021, 04:40:45 pm »
Great weekend, lots of shop work/hunting and also we had a meeting/working Saturday and got all the leaves blown and burnt, gutters cleaned and just about everything wrapped up and put away for the winter. Pretty much knife and hide work in the shop but did take some time to finish tillering and bow and adding tips and grip. Few pictures. ;) Made another stand from the other half of the dog wood Burl I had for years. Turned out pretty nice and different for sure.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good