Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610017 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18540 on: December 20, 2021, 08:36:59 am »
Thanks BOB, Miss Joanie got the writing on it yesterday so plan on starting the finish work today. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18541 on: December 22, 2021, 07:55:49 am »
Took another deer this morning the expensive way, with my truck.  Ugh.  Road kills have been up the last few days.  Send rut is kicking in here, but with the full moon they are moving heavily during the PM hours.  Oh well, Glad no one was hurt and I was able to keep the truck on the road.  I'll stop to look for her after work, maybe I can salvage a hind quarter so she wont go to waste completely.   :-D

Merry Christmas everyone,

Glenn 

Offline BrianS

« Reply #18542 on: December 22, 2021, 07:33:35 pm »
Glenn,
Sorry to hear about your truck but glad you are ok. Sheet metal can be replaced but you can't.
brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18543 on: December 23, 2021, 06:00:54 am »
Sorry to hear that Glenn, I haven't done that in a while, they are all over the roads here, seen several on the way to the farm yesterday morning early and if I hadn't been watching close I might have got one myself. :) Yes the 2nd rut in coming in now, I have hunted the last 3 days and seen deer moving every day, saw a nice buck chasing 3 doe around yesterday, thought he was going to push them by me but about 40 yards out they turned and went back the way they came 40 yards is as good as 100 for me  ???  but good to see them moving. I am headed back out this morning for my last hunt until after Christmas, probably won't get out any more until Monday the 27th Going to the cabin the week after Christmas even though my buddies won't be coming this year  :( I think Beau is coming for a day or 2 and we are going to make brats and hunt some also. Hope yall have a blessed Christmas [remember the reason for the season] ;) :) :) and a prosperous New Year.  :)Life is Truly very Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18544 on: December 24, 2021, 04:00:43 am »
Hope You and Yours, have a Blessed Christmas Pappy  (=). Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18545 on: December 24, 2021, 07:45:21 am »
Same to you Bob, got the kids and Grand kids coming this morning, can hardly wait,!!!! then me and Miss Joanie Christmas day, we plan on a big breakfast that we normally don't do and just a peaceful day together. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #18546 on: December 24, 2021, 03:12:49 pm »
Merry Christmas, Pappy (and everybody else reading this).  Hope your week is full of peace, loved ones, adventure if you're in the mood for that sort of thing, and archery gear under the tree.   ;D
ho ho ho--Thomas
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18547 on: December 24, 2021, 04:28:34 pm »
Merry Christmas to all from Western New York.

Offline gifford

« Reply #18548 on: December 24, 2021, 05:46:50 pm »
Merry Christmas Pappy and all the folks at Twin Oaks. The 'life is good' thread is the first one I read, thoroughly enjoy the doings.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18549 on: December 25, 2021, 08:57:44 am »
Thanks guys,Glad you enjoy gifford  :) It has been a good Christmas so far, had the kids and grand kids yesterday, a very good day. :) Got a picture of the grand kids with the bows I made them when they were born, Tanner seemed to like his, :-\  hard to tell at this stage. ;) Margaret and Bodhi also really like the Jeep and 3 wheeler we got them, again hard to tell about Tanner but I am sure he will one day, he is only 2 months right now but wide awake for most of the day, first time for that when he was with me. Today just Miss Joanie and myself, getting ready for a big breakfast and probably just relaxing. Hope yall have a great one also. Merry CHRISTmas !!!!!!!
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18550 on: December 25, 2021, 09:46:31 am »
I'm sure the Baggett household is full of joy on this Christmas day. Seasons greetings to all. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18551 on: December 27, 2021, 08:19:24 am »
We did Pat  ;) :) Now I am headed to the cabin until New Years eve, planning on some hunting, shop work/bow/knife and the making of some Brats,about 150/200 I hope. :) Hope to have a good week , looks like a lot of rain and warm. See yall in a few days.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18552 on: December 31, 2021, 11:07:33 am »
Great week at the cabin, got in a little hunting, no deer but a good time in the woods as always. Got a lot done around the shop also. Made 3 knives and stands and got my Osage bow finished [pictures on the bow thread under Finely finished] ;) Also we made 375 brats and cut some fire wood. Had several drop by for some bow work and just hanging out by the fire, always good to be back home with Miss Joanie but I do enjoy my time at the cabin. Few pictures. ;) Our Iron deer came in from Rinehart, it should be fun along with our Iron fox on the courses. Had a guy brought me a load of Osage logs, some think any Osage is good bow wood, well it's not,  ??? got about 8 staves out of the load, but all Osage is good for fire wood and a man needs that also. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18553 on: December 31, 2021, 11:09:55 am »
The staves on the right are Mullberry from a log a friend brought me. Another knife in the works. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18554 on: December 31, 2021, 11:12:49 am »
Last coat of sealer on my bow and 2 more hides turned into raw hide and ready for tanning when I get around to it. got 12 or 15 ready so I might ought to get on that soon. :-\ Brats for lunch, we are Blessed with them. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good