Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632658 times)

bjrogg and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #18585 on: January 10, 2022, 08:01:54 am »
Great pictures Pappy.  I'm a little jealous of the snow.  We haven't got any here yet.  I also enjoy hunting in the snow.  Guess I should have traveled south to do so. :)

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18586 on: January 10, 2022, 09:18:02 am »
Maybe a little yankee in me Bob  ??? hung around you guys to long I guess. :-\ Ya Dave we don't get to do it much here that's for sure, it was gone in 2 days with highs in the 50's and rain, this morning in the teens but back to 50/60 by late week, just never know around here what you are going to get from day to day. :) Any way the season is over here for another year, seems like a long season when it starts but is over before you know it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #18587 on: January 10, 2022, 10:44:27 am »
I'm hunting a reduction zone trying to get Melissa another deer.  Connor's button buck wasn't enough for them.  Got till the end of the month so, might get to do some hunting in the snow.  Looking forward to getting down there come spring good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18588 on: January 13, 2022, 08:18:21 am »
Ya Dave a button don't go far with a family, good luck with your hunt, we are supposed to get more snow Saturday and Sunday, maybe it will come your way. (S)  We got our club Squirrel hunt Saturday so it will be interesting to see if the squirrels move like they did on my last hunt in the snow, if they do the guys better look out,  :) the Honey hole/aunt Jemimah stand area was plum full of them and that's where I plan to be. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18589 on: January 13, 2022, 09:13:54 am »
Go get em Pappy, put a hurting on those tree rats! lol

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18590 on: January 13, 2022, 12:40:19 pm »
I think we are finally gonna get some snow, maybe up to 20" over Saturday and Sunday.   (S)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Outbackbob48

« Reply #18591 on: January 13, 2022, 01:47:23 pm »
Dang Pat, we haven't had 20" all year and I live in the yaaa snow belt lake effect stuff. Bob

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18592 on: January 13, 2022, 02:24:40 pm »
If it happens...the last time we had this much snow was in the blizzard of '93 that moved up the East Coast. We got 18" then and it was almost 2 weeks before the road to our house was plowed. Luckily the power was only out for an hour or so. We heat with wood and have kerosene hurricane lamps if needed. If the power goes out I guess we can put cold and frozen stuff on the back porch in the snow.
 We love the snow when it comes. We don't have to go anywhere and enjoy hiking around out land with the dogs. They love snow too. When we are lucky enough to get snow we usually get between a dusting and 4-6".
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18593 on: January 14, 2022, 08:20:03 am »
Ya they are calling for 4-6 here Saturday evening through Sunday, Rain first then turning into snow, hope the rain hold off Saturday at least for a while for the squirrel hunt, don't mind snow but don't want to hunt in the rain. Not headed down to stay until tonight, Miss Joanie's Birth day is today and we are taking her out to eat, Beau/Christina and the grand kids so should be fun, she is 39 and holding today  :) :) :) :) :) :) she actually catches up with me today but won't admit it. ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18594 on: January 14, 2022, 09:22:26 am »
Happy Birthday Miss Joanie!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18595 on: January 14, 2022, 10:16:58 am »
Happy Birthday Miss Joanie. Pappy, tell Miss Joanie she looks pretty darn good for 39.  ;)   :OK

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #18596 on: January 14, 2022, 01:19:16 pm »
Happy birthday to the Mrs, Pappy!  We're getting a little of the white stuff here, but I don't think it's going to amount to anything.  Hope it does though--Mrs. Badger is a lot happier when she can get out skiing.  Have a great weekend.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #18597 on: January 14, 2022, 04:56:07 pm »
Happy Birthday Miss Joanie!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18598 on: January 15, 2022, 03:21:54 am »
Have a Blessed Day Miss Joanie ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18599 on: January 16, 2022, 02:09:51 pm »
She say "tell you guys thanks" ;) :) Great weekend, spent most of my time in the shop, did go after the bushy tails Saturday morning before the rain/ice and snow started but they were in their normal winter pattern , on the ground early headed somewhere in a hurry, we did manage to kill 9 for the club hunt but it was very slow compared to most years, it was fun being in the woods all the same. I have a few pictures but my camera went out Saturday, I got it fixed  :) :) :) but not till I got home. ???  Ready for the woods, My good friend Glenn from NY gave me the hat, beaver pelt and man is it warm and turns water very well. The sweater is 100% wool and one I died with walnut hull stain,[it was bright white] :(  very warm and I love the color, it really blends in in the winter woods. :) Working on Margaret Ann a flute, the one Jesse gave her is just to big for her little hands at this point so i am making her a down sized model. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good