Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4764710 times)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
Re: Life is good
« Reply #20190 on: July 15, 2024, 10:15:42 am »
I love seeing those pups having a good time, and I love hearing about little kids getting into the family.  That little critter shoot looks like a hoot.  I used to have a standing prairie dog target my wife got me...it was my favorite target because if you hit it dead center, it fell over backward.  Very satisfying.   ;D  Everybody else thought so too, and between the three of us it eventually lost its head.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20191 on: July 19, 2024, 08:25:26 am »
YA WB they have a good time, if I can just teach them to stay out of my fish tank  ??? >:( Headed to the cabin this morning, got a few things left to do to be ready for out small critter shoot Saturday, may do a hike this morning and shoot my new bow some more and get my broad arrows checked out, mostly just hang out and enjoy the cooler weather, back in the 80's at least. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20192 on: July 21, 2024, 07:20:15 pm »
Great weekend, beautiful weather until late Saturday evening right after the shoot was over, Blessed once more !!! I got my bow all sealed up and a couple other little projects in the shop also a couple of really good 3+ mile packs and foot still holding up fine. Also worked on some arrows and couple of quivers for my trip.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20193 on: July 21, 2024, 07:23:47 pm »
Bow sealed and calling it finished. :) :) Had a good friend that wanted me to put some scales in and old case Blade, it wasn't drilled for pins so I had to soften the handle area being careful not to heat the blade, got it drilled and scale on, he will do the finish work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20194 on: July 21, 2024, 07:26:14 pm »
Some of the bow, the skins were not matched but turned out fine, most would never notice the difference, tips are deer antler and hemp wrap on the handle. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20195 on: July 21, 2024, 07:27:11 pm »
More of the bow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20196 on: July 21, 2024, 07:32:20 pm »
Had a couple of clusters of pin knots , I left them areas a little stiff and a little more wood around them as we all know how pins can act, it also only took about 1/2 inch of set which is exceptional for me ;) :) started with 3 inches and ended up with 2 1/2 reflex right after un stringing the wood was pretty clean except for the pins and was over 30 years so a really nice well seasoned piece. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20197 on: July 21, 2024, 07:35:15 pm »
I will get a full draw when I get some help, don't like holding the at full draw on the board and can't do it alone.  :) :) Had several friends show up Saturday to the shoot and work on bows in the shop, not like the Classic but cool to see. :) should have thought about the help then  :) but was busy with the shoot.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 07:50:41 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20198 on: July 21, 2024, 07:38:32 pm »
It was a small turn out for us, about 50 but every one was very giving and we collected a lot of food for a local church, should feed a few needy people and that makes it all worth it.  :) Awards, I think the little girl was a little shy.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20199 on: July 21, 2024, 07:40:19 pm »
We are also going to make a cash donation to them so they can buy what they need. More awards. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20200 on: July 21, 2024, 07:46:42 pm »
The young lady in the picture was really taken back by my collection of fossil rocks  ??? I have 100s of them so I told her to pick one out, your would have though I really gave her something  :-\ guess for those that never seen them or have them around it was. Any way great time for sure. I will be headed to Elm Hall this coming Saturday until August 5th. Hope to see some of you up there. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20201 on: July 22, 2024, 05:32:33 am »
Really like that Bow Pappy ! Good Lord willing, will se e You soon at Elm Hall  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20202 on: July 23, 2024, 08:29:48 am »
Yep can't wait Bob, Getting stuff together and laid out to pack up Friday and head that way early Saturday morning.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20203 on: Today at 08:34:09 am »
Headed to the cabin this morning to finish packing, got most every thing together just need to get it all in the truck, shouldn't be a problem since I am traveling by myself, some of the other guys are coming up later in the week so for a few day I will be by myself, that's OK, kind of use to that. ??? :) Kurt and Steve are coming up Sunday or Monday and I am sure Rocky and some of the Elm Hall bunch will be around. Leaving early in the morning and hope to be there Good Lord willing by mid afternoon. I will check in now and then, see ya in a week or so. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stoker

« Reply #20204 on: Today at 11:22:20 am »
Have a safe journey.
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano