Author Topic: Otter Hide  (Read 14795 times)

Offline Swamp Bow

Re: Otter Hide
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 01:17:31 pm »
Cool,should make a nice skin,Hillbilly mine won't either,she opens it up and will say what dead stuff do you have in here now.  ;) :) I just smile. :)
   Pappy

Just tell her dead cow, dead pig, dead chicken, dead....   ;D

I'm lucky, mine wants to see learn how I process the critters I shoot and butcher. 

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 02:15:32 pm »
My wife will help process and cook farm raised animals and deer.  She will cook wild rabbits.  She will not touch anything else.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 03:27:31 pm »
My wife helps me butcher and process deer and other critters. She just finds too many things that look back at her in the freezer. ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 01:43:13 pm »
if u don,t tan it yourself look for fur a fur dealer in your area.The 1 in my area is very reasonable for price.I just dropped off a red fox and it was only $18 to have it tanned.He sends a bunch of stuff to NY to have done and its a good quality tan.I do taxidermy part time and the tanneries i use charge a lot more (example-that same red would cost $45-55 bucks plus shipping both ways.We,ve had just about everything possible tanned and it all comes back nice.Be careful around the ears and eyes when u skin the head-good luck and have a great day-Lloyd