Author Topic: Jawge in the hospital???  (Read 26052 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Jawge in the hospital???
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 11:49:26 pm »
Thanks again. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2010, 12:19:24 am »
Glad to have you back Jawge.  Missed reading all your advice. Good to hear you are doing good.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2010, 06:14:04 am »
Glad you are back George. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2010, 01:28:59 pm »
It is a good thing your back George, we need your wisdom around here.  I was about to use a tillering stick.  :o ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2010, 02:17:00 pm »
Thank you, my friends. Oh no, Justin. Glad you talked yourself out of it. Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2010, 04:15:15 pm »
It is a good thing your back George, we need your wisdom around here.  I was about to use a tillering stick.  :o ;D

LOL I used to take my full draw pictures on a tillering stick... I would brace it, draw it to 28" and hook it in the peg, then stand back, fumble with the camera for a few seconds, then take 2 or 3 pictures of the bow.  It would be drawn for at least a minute at a time and I always wondered why I had so much string follow, LOL.  ???  :D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 06:01:44 pm »

LOL I used to take my full draw pictures on a tillering stick... I would brace it, draw it to 28" and hook it in the peg, then stand back, fumble with the camera for a few seconds, then take 2 or 3 pictures of the bow.  It would be drawn for at least a minute at a time and I always wondered why I had so much string follow, LOL.  ???  :D
It isn't string follow that really concerns us Josh. While tillering a bow you are pulling it to uncharted territory, it could blow at any point of the process. Our big concern is that you will be holding it in your hand when it explodes and it will smack you in the head. Damaging a bow isn't good, but we can build another. As far as I know they haven't figured out how to get you a new head.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2010, 09:27:58 pm »
...and now you are helping, Josh. :) Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline Josh

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2010, 09:45:36 pm »

It isn't string follow that really concerns us Josh. While tillering a bow you are pulling it to uncharted territory, it could blow at any point of the process. Our big concern is that you will be holding it in your hand when it explodes and it will smack you in the head. Damaging a bow isn't good, but we can build another. As far as I know they haven't figured out how to get you a new head.  ;)

I know all the dangers of using a tillering stick trust me...  :D I had the long string come loose from a shallow carved nock of a bow i had on the stick while I was pulling it once.  It jumped out of the slot at the top of my stick and came down and smacked me in the mouth hard enough to make my mouth bleed and lip to swell up.  I was lucky not to lose a tooth!  That was the last time I used that thing...  :)  -josh
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:18:33 pm by Josh »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Josh

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2010, 10:20:35 pm »
...and now you are helping, Josh. :) Jawge

...Just passing along what I learned from you guys!!   ;D   Still ask alot of questions, too!   ;) 

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 11:05:40 am »
Good Day Sir I saw u floating around the Bow section today.  Be well!

Russ