Author Topic: targets for stone  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Blacktail

targets for stone
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:42:51 am »
i didnt know where to put this...so,what is a good target for stone heads(obsidian for me)...i have herd that some targets can be pritty hard on stone points..so, what kind of info do you have on this..john

orcbow

Re: targets for stone
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 01:19:08 am »
I have shot a variety of stone types including obsidian into straw bales with no problem. Also I have used cardboard, styrofoam, and a store bought specialty arrow stop foam target. All were good on the stone tips, but many times the barbed heads cannot be pulled back out. They must be pushed on through. The only bad targets are the ones you hit accidentally, like the earth, a tree, or a barn side, LOL ;D those are really tough on stone arrow heads!!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:19:58 am »
John, I use a large rubberized foam block I bought a few years ago. I have heard of folks using thick cushion foam too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 08:13:22 am »
Cushions of an old couch work good, the solid foam rubber ones John
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 07:05:29 pm »
well,all right then i am sitting good...i will have to remeber this for the  future...thanks so much..john

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 10:38:22 pm »
I use styrofome i get from tractor supply for free it comes from the trailers they sell its between the trailers when they ship them to the store .
bryan irwin