Author Topic: Blog, Blogs, and archery bloggers  (Read 12647 times)

Offline shamus

Blog, Blogs, and archery bloggers
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:01 am »
I was wondering if anyone else here was a blogger. I have a blog. It covers a lot of things, and primitive archery is one of them.

I got something up today about moisture content and relative humidity.

I'm hoping to have something archery related posted about once week.

http://analogperiphery.blogspot.com/

DCM

Re: Blog, Blogs, and archery bloggers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:46:24 am »
Cool.

Enjoyed your lemonwood bow article btw.  Nicely done.  Not sure what issue it was in.  Might have been the last.  I run a little behind sometimes.

Offline shamus

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:04:01 am »
It's in the current issue. Thanks for the compliment!

Offline Dane

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 06:16:48 pm »
I enjoyed the article as well, thanks for writing it. Your blog looks interesting, and I'll visit it in greater depth when I get a chance, and not just the archery stuff.

Maybe I can ask you to post the dimensions of your lemonwood bow? I don't think I saw them in the article (but have been known to be wrong, too :) )

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline shamus

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 07:26:21 pm »
I think I covered the limb dimensions in the article: 1.5" at the widest point, tapering in a straight line from there to just under 1/2" at the tips.

I'm working on a blog post for the handle dimensions.

duffontap

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 08:18:37 pm »
Yeah Shamus,

That article stood out to me as one of the better PA articles in a while.  Good work man.

J. D. Duff

By the way--I have an old blog on Existential Philosophy that's highly entertaining, but I've been working up a web site that will have a bowyery blog on it.  I'll check yours out.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 07:33:20 pm by J. D. Duff »

Offline Dane

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55:02 pm »
Thanks, Shamus. I spaced, I guess. Long hours don't help.

The eclectic nature of your blog is a lot of fun.

JD, you had a blog on existenialism? Cool. I discovered that worldview in college, and was really in love with it for a while, bleak as it can be. I still have a big, fat volume of Satre I need to brave someday.

Offline shamus

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 09:57:32 am »
J.D., wow, thank you for the compliment. Let us know your blog adresses so we can take a look.

duffontap

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 12:25:12 pm »
Yeah, sorta existentialism.  My degree is in philosophy but I took a pretty serious interest in existentialism.  Most Christian philosophers do--it's the Kierkegaard connection you know.  Sartre is fabulous.  I forced myself to read Heidegger's 'Being and Time' a few years ago and I would like to read  Sartre's 'Being and Nothingness' some day.  He has an almost cultish ontology.  I started reading Le Nausea a while back and my stomach has literally hurt ever since.  Man, I forgot how miserable life is!  Ha, ha. 

I haven't tended that blog for five or six years.  It might still be there--I'll look.  In order to keep centered in college I wrote a series of short, journal entries that ranged from humorous to disturbing and posted some of them in a blog.  It's not worth reading. 

Hey this isn't about archery...or is it?  Ha, ha, ha!

J. D. Duff

Offline shamus

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 09:26:43 am »
i got those handle dimensions posted. :)

Offline shamus

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 10:24:47 am »
Here's another guy's archery blog:  http://dynamiteskills.blogspot.com/

and once  again, more archery stuff on mine: Bare Naked Shooting! http://analogperiphery.blogspot.com/2007/03/gap-shooting.html

Offline Dane

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 10:29:34 pm »
Shamus, cool blog you posted, and I read your article on shooting. I was shooting with some friends this past Thursday night (in a heated wooden pavilion), and we discussed those sight issues. Both of them were shooting three fingers under, and I plan to try it this coming Thursday.

Dane

Offline shamus

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 09:46:16 am »
Dane, thanks for the compliment. You can try three fingers under or  try this: split finger, but with your middle finger anchored in the corner of your mouth (instead of the index finger). That'll shorten your gap. Bring up that rear elevation and the gap shortens. That's why three-under works so well.  When I teach kids, I start 'em off with three under, and it works beautifully.

Offline Dane

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 01:57:04 pm »
I will try out both of those techniques tomorrow night. If I hit anything, I will give you credit, :)

Thanks, Shamus.

Brian Halbleib

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 10:20:21 pm »