Author Topic: Tillering Tree Build-a-long?  (Read 18393 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Tillering Tree Build-a-long?
« on: February 13, 2010, 06:20:51 pm »
  I did the search and looked at every page in the build-a-longs and still nothing. :( Can someone post a pic of one?  Or a build-a-long. Thanks for the help.
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Lombard

Re: Tillering Tree Build-a-long?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 06:57:09 pm »
Hillbilly61, In this section there is a link to Jawge's site. If I remember correctly, he shows his somewhere in there.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 07:09:20 pm »
Hope this helps LOL  Here's a crude drawing of mine... Just make sure you secure it good

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline adb

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 07:42:52 pm »
Here's my TT set up. When I'm measuring draw weight, I just add my dial scale on the string.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:30:03 am by adb »

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 11:54:58 pm »
Thanks guys. Those are great. I'll make one after church tomarrow, but b4 I take the wife out for Valentines day. ;D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:23:39 am »
here is a picture of the Simple Setup I made...there is a Pulley anchored to the Floor.....I just add the Cable and Scale to the String ....and stand back and pull....

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:26:41 am »
Nice grid background Mike...
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:29:14 am »
Yeah...but the Wife wasn't too thrilled with it...since It's the Wall that you see every time you drive into the Garage...... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 02:35:00 am »
Yeah...but the Wife wasn't too thrilled with it...since It's the Wall that you see every time you drive into the Garage...... ;D

Color in a few random squares with different colors and then tell her it's modern art... ;D

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 02:38:41 am »
                                As Paul Tuttle (O.C.C.) would say........Now theres an Idear.............. :P
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Timo

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 10:02:31 am »
Paul, have you ever tried to project the elliptical  circles on the wall with your tiller tree? I was thinking about that the other day and was wondering how. I saw a program years ago about how to figure and draw elliptical, with 2 nails and a string? Can't remember.

The paint program really helps to see tiller. We need to figure out how to draw it on the wall.

I found a link for a how to draw ellipticals, but not sure if I can post it here?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:17:21 am by Timo »

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 01:51:18 pm »
OK..here Goes............Draw a line AB that equals the length .......and a line CD that equals the width of the required ellipse .......so that the mid points intersect and they are perpendicular to each other....... These are the blue lines.... Drive a finishing nail at point A and point B.... using a type of string that will not stretch...... tie a loop in the end and loop it around the nail at A....... pull it across and tie another loop in it so it is tight when looped around nail at B........ Remove the nails and drive one in at C.... loop both ends around this nail..... pull the double ply of string back toward the line AB with a nail in the loop and drive a nail in the spot where it intersects line AB at E...... Do the same to establish point F and drive another nail there....... this is represented by the red lines..... Remove the nail at C and loop the ends of the string around the nails at E and F...... place the point of a pencil in the loop formed by the string and starting at A draw an arc around the top ending at B...... move the loop in the string to the other side of F and draw an arc from B around the bottom to end at A....now wasn't that easy......... :P

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 02:00:26 pm »
                                                         But this is slick as Owl Scat..............

metacafe.com/watch/399991/draw_a_perfect_ellipse/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:31:25 pm by Justin Snyder »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 02:04:48 pm »
OK..here Goes............Draw a line AB that equals the length .......and a line CD that equals the width of the required ellipse .......so that the mid points intersect and they are perpendicular to each other....... These are the blue lines.... Drive a finishing nail at point A and point B.... using a type of string that will not stretch...... tie a loop in the end and loop it around the nail at A....... pull it across and tie another loop in it so it is tight when looped around nail at B........ Remove the nails and drive one in at C.... loop both ends around this nail..... pull the double ply of string back toward the line AB with a nail in the loop and drive a nail in the spot where it intersects line AB at E...... Do the same to establish point F and drive another nail there....... this is represented by the red lines..... Remove the nail at C and loop the ends of the string around the nails at E and F...... place the point of a pencil in the loop formed by the string and starting at A draw an arc around the top ending at B...... move the loop in the string to the other side of F and draw an arc from B around the bottom to end at A....now wasn't that easy......... :P

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 02:11:17 pm »
OK Josh...this one is a lot simpler............... :P

ehow.com/how_5798075_draw-specific-size-oval-ellipse.html
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:31:49 pm by Justin Snyder »
2024...We Will Overcome