Author Topic: resizing photos  (Read 7138 times)

Offline yazoo

resizing photos
« on: February 16, 2010, 02:21:42 pm »
none of my photos will load says they are to large,,what the best way to resize,, I have the kodak easyshare,, but I cannot figure out how,,can anyone help,
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline DanaM

Re: resizing photos
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:32:53 pm »
Download "pixresizer" its a free program that will let you resize a whole folders worth of pictures at once :) just google it
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:05:51 pm »
Mike, I do the same as Dana but with Photobucket. It too is free.
  Also you can re-set your camera to take the lowest resolution pics. This will usually make them 640x480 and less than 200mp. I keep my camera set on the lowest setting for just this reason. My wife's camera is set on the highest setting for normal pic taking.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 03:09:50 pm »
If you have facebook you can load your pictures on there then right click and save image to your computer....it automatically resizes them, that's what I do

-Ky
GBR!

Offline yazoo

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 03:51:19 pm »
I have photo bucket but how do I get them from there to this site? I am sorry I know very little about computers ???

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 03:53:40 pm »
Also, if you have MS Office on your computer, it has Picture Manager, which will let you resize. If not, Paint (in the accesories on every computer) can resize pics. Just open the photo with Paint, go to Image, then Stretch/Skew and enter the same number in both the "stretch" and "skew"  boxes. 50 will make it 50% as big as the original, etc. To load pics on here from Photobucket, go to photobucket and copy the URL of the pic you want (second line under the pic.) When you're writing your message here, click in the message where you want the pic, then click on the "Insert Image" icon (looks like a little framed picture, second from the left on the row just above the smilies.) This will open a little box that you paste the URL in, click OK, and it's here.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:57:39 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline yazoo

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 04:12:38 pm »
how do I copy and paste,,,sorry for so many questions

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 05:24:22 pm »
To copy the URL, click on it to highlight it, it should turn blue. Then right-click, and Click "copy." When you go to paste it, just right-click and click "paste."
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 06:09:58 pm »
When you place your cursor over the image on photobucket it will show the link options below the picture. Make sure you use the IMG Code link option and do like Hillbilly said. The other options wont make the picture show up here, and most people don't want to go looking for the pictures.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline yazoo

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 09:23:47 pm »
thanks guys,, I will give it a try tomorrow,, my blood pressure already up today,,, thanks mike

Grunt

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »
I've got a Mac and what I do is down load into I Photo from my camera I then email them to my self out of IPhoto. I Photo asks me small, med, or large, and I go for medium. When they are received I drag the photos out of email and put them on the desktop. It's almost too easy with a Mac.

Offline jturner

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 12:10:09 am »
I set my camera on the lowest setting resize my pics in paint and by the time i get them to where they are under 200 thingys they are too small to see
Jake Turner     Michigan

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 10:02:34 am »
I've got a Mac and what I do is down load into I Photo from my camera I then email them to my self out of IPhoto. I Photo asks me small, med, or large, and I go for medium. When they are received I drag the photos out of email and put them on the desktop. It's almost too easy with a Mac.
You have to email them to yourself...... what a hassel.

I set my camera on the lowest setting resize my pics in paint and by the time i get them to where they are under 200 thingys they are too small to see
At some point you will wish you had the pictures in a bigger format. If you use the camera on the lowest setting you cant even print decent small pictures. It is well worth learning how to resize a copy, and keeping the large photo.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 12:27:05 am »
 I'll take a picture in medium format and take a picture after I change it to small format. Then I keep or delete what I want.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 02:18:09 am »
I just posted how I do it in the "How To" section.  I do the same as Hillbilly- I put screenshots up to make it easy to understand.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA