Author Topic: Olympics  (Read 14335 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Olympics
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 05:54:37 pm »
 Jesse, ;) You're right. Lakeland has a Lawn Bowling club in town. All the members dress up in these white suits and are all Canadian and British. The shuffleboard club is all Canadian,  Michigan, and Minnesota people. ;D   I'm watching the figure skating right now. It's the one thing I can watch in Portuguese and still understand what's going on.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 07:47:44 pm »
speed skating for me, but i saw curling for the first time this year and couldnt shut it off
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline DanaM

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 08:22:11 pm »
womens curling is on right now :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 08:29:20 pm »
 I've just been jerkin' chains. ;D I learned how to play Shuffleboard when I was 8. It is nothing but a concrete version of Curling.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 10:32:54 pm »
speed skating for me, but i saw curling for the first time this year and couldnt shut it off
That's because it involves rocks. ;D,  Sorry,  don't think they would knap.

Jesse- Is there any curling in your part of Wisconsin?  If so I might have to relocate. ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:43:35 pm by ricktrojanowski »
Traverse City, MI

Offline Postman

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 10:53:51 pm »
Great hockey game eh? ( even for a Pens fan watching crosby lose ) feel bad for the canadian team- their fans can be pretty tough on 'em
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Jesse

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 02:59:42 pm »

Jesse- Is there any curling in your part of Wisconsin?  If so I might have to relocate. ;D
[/quote]
Rick yes there is. I think you should relocate.  ;D http://www.curlgb.com/index.html
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Jude

• Julian Benoit, Black River, NY & Kandahar, Afghan.
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 03:32:50 pm »
Been a bad week so far.  First, my commander goes and schedules a convoy for the day of the US vs Canada hockey game >:( then, on my first morning back, I get to watch the US women lose to Switzerland in curling :( waah!
"Not all those that wander are lost."--Tolkien
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer."--Benoit

Agnarr

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 03:58:50 pm »
The USA Woman's curling team is very beautiful. Plus, they know how to sweep! ;D

Lombard

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 11:36:28 pm »
I have to admit, I got hooked into the women's curling. Total concentration, and strategy too. Having never seen curling I was intrigued.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »
Just finished watching the US/Canada womens hockey game.  That was a great game, those girls were all in.  A dissapointing outcome for me, but a well played game.  Killing of those 5 on 3 PP showed a really strong team.

Jesse
I checked out the link, I'm MOVING ;D.  I'm going to try to replace the US skip for the 2014 winter games. ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:32:29 pm by ricktrojanowski »
Traverse City, MI

Offline Alpinbogen

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 03:20:24 pm »
I've watched at least parts of almost everything except curling so far.  I've really been looking forward to the parallel giant slalom snowboard races, which start today! 

Offline Dane

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 03:56:05 pm »
I get up for work between 3 AM and 5 AM, so it has been tough staying up late to watch, and I've missed a lot of things I wanted to see. I totally missed curling this year, boo. But, the speed skating has been excellent.

This Sunday is the closing. I always get bummed out when they extinguish the torch.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts