Author Topic: Patrosinio, Brazil  (Read 46113 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Patrosinio, Brazil
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2010, 06:12:52 pm »
 Pappy, They recycle everything down here. About daylite every morning you see people roaming the city with carts picking up paper, cans and plastic. They sell it at recycle centers. But there is dog crap on the sidewalks. Steve, this place is a Country town, farmers and ranchers.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2010, 12:46:03 am »
How many hours until you come home?
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline stickbender

« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2010, 04:45:43 am »

Well be sure to dust your boot prints off of the termite mounds then...... ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2010, 07:48:00 am »
 Justin, I'll probaly leave for the first airport at 3am Thursday. It's a 27 hour ordeal all total.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Parnell

« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2010, 09:42:23 am »
Cool pics of Patrosinio, glad to see you're heading home.  Safe trip - I'll try to give you a ring this weekend.
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2010, 03:32:44 pm »
Looking forward to it.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2010, 06:50:18 pm »
 Crap! Not leaving till Saturday, now. :'(
Lakeland, Florida

Offline RG

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2010, 11:20:35 pm »
Eddie when I was at our working this week end I saw several Long Beards you better get out of there pretty soon

Ron

Offline DanaM

« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2010, 08:07:14 am »
Have a safe trip home eddie :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2010, 06:27:11 pm »
 Ron, the way it's going, that's going to be my first chance to hunt. I'll miss opening weekend in Florida and the next weekend I'm scheduled for certification classes. I've already got three Osceolas, might as well make my Spring birds Easterns.

I also got a going away gift today; A bottle of Cachaca. It's the local version of Springwater. I hope I can get it through Customs. Here is the translation on the bottle how it was made,,sound familier? " Produced with broth of sugar, sugar cane, and worn out maize (corn). Produced in 2003 and aged in barrel made from sassafras.They say sassafras has aphrodisiac properties."     Sounds like sour mash to me, don't know about the sassafras, though. ;D And it's crystal clear. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:35:13 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida

Offline RG

« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2010, 06:50:55 pm »
If you make it through with it try and save me a taste Would like to try it

Ron

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2010, 06:52:38 pm »
 If I do, I'm saving it for the Classic. I also bought a domestic bottle, but it doesn't look the same.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2010, 10:40:03 am »
Sounds like a mixture of rum and spring water. Real springwater never met a bag of sugar. Sounds interesting, save me a swaller. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2010, 03:23:39 pm »
stay safe til sat. then.  got some good pics of a couple gobblers this past week, but screwed up and erased them instead of downloading.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2010, 08:20:11 pm »
 Thanks Dana and Chris, Steve and Ron we'll uncork it at the Classic if it makes it through, doesen't get broken or the cork come out. A lot of ifs. I was taken to the new mine site today with a bunch of Geologist, and Poloticians. It turns out the new site is that great big round circle that shows up on Google Earth. It is a Volcanic Shoot that was there before South America and Africa split. We drove down to the bottom and I'll be damned if my batteries went dead in my camera. Then we drove through the prettiest hills I've ever been in. We were around 1400 meters with huge trees. Eucalyptus trees over a hundred feet tall with huge palm trees.

I got back to the Hotel that night and was going to bed early, I was dieing from being up late the night before. Then I got a call from one of the guy's in the office. He wanted to know if I wanted to drink a beer. I said, oh what the hell, sure. I got in the truck with the two of them, had no Idea where we were going as we headed out of town and drove through two more towns. An hour and a half later we went down a dirt road and drove up to a house. I thought we were going to a bar. 

It turns out the office has a Ranch house on a big river. There were a bunch of people there from the mine tour today. We drank their Shine, beer, scotch. They killed 4 chickens and cooked them with beef and real pork rinds. It was the first time I had tried cooked chicken blood. Tasted like soft liver. It was a little different looking in the pot of chicken and seeing the feet in there too. Then when it was over they loaded us on a Party buss and drove us back to town. It was a great last night here.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:05:26 am by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida