Author Topic: one expensive weiner(dog)  (Read 6149 times)

Offline aero86

one expensive weiner(dog)
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:55:59 pm »
So I got my weiner back the other day. He had a busy weekend.  He is a 7 yr old rescue that we fell in love with.  He was under weight and in bad shape.  Anyways he was "free" from a resuce.  We like our dachshunds so we took him in.  Was back in november,  he's put on the weight he should have should have.  This weekend I decided to have his ears cleaned and his teeth, after trying different ear mite stuff.  Anyways about 500 later he is a much much happier pup.  His teeth were horrible from the previous owners feeding him human food.  The ear mites were killing him.  He never wagged his tail much or jumpped off his hind legs.  He's doing a lot of that now and is very playful.  Just thought id share my rescue with you guys
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: one expensive weiner(dog)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 09:59:24 pm »
 Nice, When you have a pet you have to take care of them like family.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:25:50 pm »
Yep...and there are too many People out the that Neglect and Abuse their Pets to the Point that it does permanent Damage ...either Physical or Mental....they should be dealt with in the Same Manner they treat their Pets!! Good For You for being such a Compassionate Person...My Wife did some thing this Week too...but I won't Hijack Your Thread to mention it...so look for it in Campfire too...

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:37:47 pm »
your first too lines made me laugh,ok so i watch waaaaaaaaaay to much family guy  gigidy gigidy gigidy

but good on you for doing that.
i aint much of a dog person,but no animal deservesto be mistreated.
we had a cat for 17 yrs,pets truly are a part of the family and deserve the same care as one.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Timo

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 12:05:44 am »
His teeth were horrible from the previous owners feeding him human food.

Curious as to why this is a bad thing? That's all we ever feed our dogs.

Good to hear the little one is doing good.

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 03:36:33 am »
Respect to you for the rescue!
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 08:27:45 am »
Me to Tim,mine eat dog food but also eat what I eat. They love it when Jesse and Shanon don't show up at the cabin,cause they know there will be something left for them. ;) ;D ;D I do the same with my dogs,treat them like kids because they are to me. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 08:39:28 am »
What every body else said cept for the people food thing like Pappy mine eat dog food and people food.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline aero86

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:47:40 pm »
they said the owners fed him dry food, so thats the only thing i could think that would make his teeth that bad. unless he was just unlucky..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »
I only feed dry kibble .... and have never had a dog with bad teeth.... vet said that soft foods cause all of the plaque problems with dogs teeth...including people food....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aero86

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 05:18:25 pm »
yeah, dry food.  it helped his teeth when we got him, thats all we gave him, and there was a bit of difference.  not on smell, just on looks