Author Topic: My Wife Goes On A Basenji Rescue  (Read 9451 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
My Wife Goes On A Basenji Rescue
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:29:23 pm »
My Wife just rescued this Female from a Breeder/ Handler in Dallas....30+ Dogs in one room...never got to play...just out twice a day to Crap...and back in the Crate....She has no People Skills at all...is scared to death...No Muscle Tone...feet are Splayed from never being able to run or even walk around....but We will make Her right again...and make Her happy for the rest of Her Life....God knows Her first 5 Years as a  Brood Bitch were not Her best.........Man I could go off on People for being like this...... :-X

and here is the Latest Picture...She is really liking it Here...and trip has found a New Friend too...She has all Her parts....and He is in Doggy Heaven....... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

Re: My Wife Goes On A Basenji Rescue
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:31:51 pm »
Is that the one who liked the skin Mike?  Hope she transitions well, good on ya guys for giving her a chance.  Them Basenjis sure are majestic dogs, you have fine taste in canines.
Nate Danforth

Offline sailordad

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:34:30 pm »
your good people Mike,you and the misses  ;)

i aint much of a dog person myself,i like cats,but i hate to see any animal mistreated.
and i think rescues are one of he best ways to get a pet too
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:47:46 pm »
Very nice of you and your wife.  I'm not much of a dog guy, but that is one purdy looking dog.  Good luck with her.
Traverse City, MI

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 10:55:24 pm »
Dallas, tx?  Where do you live?  I wouldn't mind having one of those. She is pretty!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:06:25 pm »
They make a fine lookin couple Mike.  Hope she does well ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:34:53 am »
They took a few Hours to get introduced...but once that was over....they have been Buddies ever since....Aero86...I live in Stinnett....60 miles North of Amarillo

Thanks Guys....I wasn't going to let the Wife get another one...but She has already got a place in my heart....since Mine passed away last Summer...I have missed having a little Queen in the House...and this one will never take Her Place....but She has the right qualities to be something Special
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 03:31:28 am »
Kudos to you and your wife!  You have my respect.
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Grunt

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 09:35:39 am »
We have had up to four dogs and as little as two dogs. All rescued or found. We only bought one dog and that was a full blooded Border Collie. That BC was like having three dogs just by herself. El, you and yours are doing good stuff.

Offline aero86

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 12:29:19 pm »
oh, you said dallas, i was hoping someone was that close!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Lombard

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 09:34:48 pm »
Beautiful dog. Wish you the best rehabilitating her. Our Keshound Jackie died, little over a year ago. We had her sixteen years. She was a puppy when someone threw her out the window of a truck. She was so tore up I said this one won't make it, but she did, sixteen years. She was good around the family, but she never lost her apprehension of strangers.

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 10:18:48 pm »
Good on ya!  I'm sure you will do her right.  There are only two things that consistently give me violent thoughts.  One is abusing a child, the other is abusing animals.  Really gets me fired up.  Well hopfully the previous owners have a nice little cage of their own now... >:D

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline david w.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 09:43:03 pm »
Cool :)  The Basenji is one of my favorites
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 09:52:21 pm »
 Two good looking dogs, Mike. Tell your gorgeous, lovely, don't know what she see's in you, wife, she is a Saint.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 09:53:47 pm »
                                                                                    :-X
2024...We Will Overcome