Author Topic: Mamoth Blades  (Read 8338 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Mamoth Blades
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 04:16:21 pm »

Blacktail, those are the exact words he said to me.  He said that he didn't have this to do he would go nuts, as there is nothing at all to do in Burns.  And having been through, and stayed the night twice, I can assure you there is not a thing to do in Burns!  Plus the Steak house.......well,...... I have had better steaks, at Waffle house. :P ::)  Plus it is fifty miles to anywhere. :o

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 09:01:19 pm »
  Wayne, I wasn't razzing Jesse, I was agreeing with him. Tiller is the one starting to get Whipped. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 02:49:22 am »

Ooops, Sorry Jesse, Tiller, read the part about Jesse! ;D

Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 10:56:51 am »
man i love those eagles! how the heck does he do that?!?!?!
lets just shoot it

Offline stickbender

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 12:59:17 pm »

Recurve shooter......VERY carefully......You can see how thin they are.  I can't even get a darn blade made without breaking it, or keep the barbs on a Wintu style from breaking off, let alone make one of those.  He has a lot of very small, and very thin stuff, that he has made, that just makes you stare, and wonder the same thing. How in the ....... I wish my camera hadn't run out of juice, he had stuff, that was just amazing. 

Wayne

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 02:13:43 am »
hey  Wayne,i don't know if you seen it..but,this last year i seen Emory at the madras rock and gem show...he just got done making a GAINT ishi point and it was paper thin..i really didn't want to hold it...i was afraid if i sneezed or farted wrong it might break.LOL..john

Offline stickbender

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 03:11:50 am »

I don't recalling seeing a big Ishi point, but he had plenty of regular sized ones, and some smaller ones, and just display case, after display case, of amazingly thin, and just absolutely perfect points of all styles, from rogue river, to wintu, to you name it.  I am definitely going to be spending some time with him. 8)

Wayne

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 01:07:16 pm »
Wayne,

there is a rock and gem show going on in boise this weekend.  do you think Emory would be there?  Boise is here in Idaho about 3 hrs or so from burns.  I read somwhere he sometimes goes.  If you know let me know and I will go and meet him.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline stickbender

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 01:11:47 pm »

Tell as far as I know he will spend the winter in Arizona.  But give him a call, he just might go to it.  Or his Dad might.  I don't know if his Dad still goes to them anymore or not.  But just give Emory a call.  Call him in the evening. ;)

Wayne

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 01:16:35 pm »
Allright.  I will tell him Wayne told me to call.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline stickbender

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 01:19:25 pm »

Ok, let me know if you get to meet him.  Tell him you were the one I told him about, wanting to know about the jasper.

Wayne