Author Topic: You guys got me into trouble...  (Read 9731 times)

Offline StevenT

Re: You guys got me into trouble...
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 10:58:41 am »
Boy, does this sound familiar. I can't bust glass cause the wife stepped on a chip.... well, it was the third flake that kind of put her over the edge. She really doesn't understand "If you knap obsidian, you will bleed."  Actually, she put a whole new spin on the saying for me. SawFiler, you are lucky. I sure wish I had a man cave.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 12:53:49 pm »

Dang, Steven, Doesn't your Wife have shoes? ::)  You know it's like that toilet seat bit, just look where you sit, and if you go outside, or where there is knapping going on, wear shoes. ;)  Women!  It's that weird feminine logic.  I mean, yeah, most of the time they arrive at the same conclusions, but it's just that they take the scenic route to get there, and by that time, the logical conclusion is usually no longer important.  By the time a woman gets to a logical conclusion, the man has been there, and is off to solve another problem. ;D
P.S Steven, were I you, I wouldn't have bothered to post this, it shows your collar marks.  See if you had just kept quiet, the rest of us would have never known. ;) ;D  Truth be known Shannon probably doesn't have a man cave, but he was smart enough to say he does...... ;) ;D  What? Oh, nah, I'm not married...... ;D
                                                                                 Wayne

Offline aero86

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 01:14:32 pm »
hehe, thats funny guys.  i was married, once..  i dont know if i ever will again.  but my house is too small for a man cave.  i think i need to buy some land somewhere and build a man cave and keep my house in the city..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 03:18:38 pm »
my man cave is is my yard and the living room when the wife is in town as long as i get it cleaned up before she gets home she will never know Sssshhhhhhhh ;)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline StevenT

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 05:07:26 pm »
Stickbender, just to clarify... she stepped on the flakes in the house. It was those little bitty glass flakes you get when you are putting an edge on obsidian. The ones that are about the size a fleas arss. Best I can figure is they were inside my shoes shoes or cloths or stuck in my waistband and falling off in the house. And yea, I'll admit it, sometime the collar gets a bit tight. But that is part of being married. And besides, you know how it is... if Mom ain't happy, nobody is happy. Expecially when she is picking glass our of her foot. Besides, I don't sleep well on the couch.  ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 05:53:39 pm »
 Steven, you should have picked it out for her and then followed up with a glass of wine and a foot massage. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 10:37:06 pm »

Oh, yeah, Steven, those are also the ones that will cut you when you don't see them stuck to the pad, while you are working.  I have cut my foot, by having some in my shoe.  I was changing pants, and emptying out my pockets, and they were full of flakes.....Now, go back and look at Eddie's ( Mullet ) post.  You can learn something from him on that. ;)  See you missed a chance to make up for the flake cutting her, and for getting points for being so concerned, and thoughtful by bringing her a glass of wine...... ;D  Eddie has his Man cave outside.  He used to have a Man cave in the house.......but it's now a daughter cave....... ::)  But he still has his retreat out back, where he can knapp, and saw, and scrape, and fart, and all will be well, with an ice cold beer, in the Man cave refrigerator.  You see he had a back up plan.  Aero86, that is an excellent idea.  8) In case you should have a guest over, and she comments on how neat the place is and none of the clutter, and bows, and staves, and rock that her silly ex boyfriend had in his place...... ::)  So while she is thinking ......"Gee, is this the one......no pieces of ol rock, or wood, or archery stuff, or that horrible hunting stuff, skins, and pieces of bone, and snake skins.....but I better be sure, and so I will have to see if he has a Man cave around here somewhere......no, not in the closet......wow, I don't think he has a Man cave, oh, my ......this could be the one, now for the training......ok, first on the list, Toilet seats, then clothes he wears, then the decor, and furniture......" So while you are enjoying her company, and her attentions, you can bide your time till it is time to bring home a fresh skin, and hear her say it's either the skin, or me, and you can say, gee, here I was hoping you were going to be here to help me stretch this one......Then it is off to the Man cave, for a celebratory beer, and some scraping, and knapping.  Then back to the peace and quiet of the sleeping and eating place. ;) ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 10:23:28 pm »
  Wayne, You need to talk to Gayle, David Tiller's girlfriend.  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?