Author Topic: DIGITAL CHALLENGE II  (Read 39161 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: DIGITAL CHALLENGE II
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 06:45:23 pm »
^^ gotta do it anyway HatchA part of the fun!  ...one time i posted a pic of my arrow like 3 feet from the target, LOL  it was hard to get them both in the same shot~!  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 06:49:49 pm »
First off, my disclaimer!  ;D  Sunday was the first time that I have shot since mid December. On Sunday I shot about 12 arrows. This is my first shot since then.   Ten paces(approx 10 yards) The second pic is from where I shot.
  Dead turkey but not in the red dot!  ::)
  The bow used was a yew selfbow 47#@26", tapered ash arrow with reinforced self nocks, 656gr with 125gr field point.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:56:05 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 06:51:26 pm »
yeah Pat that is definitely a dead turkey!  I will be lucky to even hit the paper, LOL
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jesse

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 07:01:45 pm »
Nice shot Jesse, must of been all the practice yesterday  ;)  :D
  Thanks guys. Yeah we each shot about 60 shots yesterday at the Johnsonvile shoot. That was fun
Pat your left and right looked real good. I struggle with that the most being left eye dominant.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline sailordad

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 07:03:12 pm »
Ok so I need to start shooting more and I can't think of a better way to do that than to hold some friendly competitions.  You all know how this works, winner posts a new challenge we'll say every monday...since today is monday, and chooses the next winner sunday night...I'll start with the first one.  (correct me if I forgot any of the old rules, its been awhile since ive done it  8) )

Since we're about a month away from spring turkey season I think this is only fitting.  you get one shot from ten yards....aiming for the red dot on the turkey's neck (even though you really shoot em in the breast, this is more of a challenge)  closest one to the center of the red dot wins...I'll post the link to the target printout, it should fill up an 8x10 sheet....GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

PS  Ill post mine tonight when I get off work...they don't like me shooting my bow inside by the computers  :-\

Here's the link :

http://www.ammoman.com/graphics/tar02.jpg

kyle, i never shoot in the breast.heck i dont even take side shots with a bow on turkeys anymore,its either head/neck or spine shots for me.
less chance of a wounded bird running off.

i will try,operative word there is "try",and print that target off.if that dont work i will go by some(i need them anyhow) and try to get my shot this week and post it.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline aero86

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 07:37:33 pm »
do i really gotta post it?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 07:38:43 pm »
Well my turkey is gonna live to see someone else's dinner table, but I think I would have given him a nice haircut.....got a lot of kill shots following the first one but here it is anyway

-Ky

[attachment deleted by admin]
GBR!

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 07:41:39 pm »
oh and yeah sorry about the alum. arrow...its all i have right now  :-\

-Ky
GBR!

Offline aero86

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 08:05:51 pm »
heck, id make you a couple arrows just so you dont have to shoot alum!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 10:27:55 pm »
Snowing like mad and cold as a Well Diggers arse here...so I wll have to wait a Day or So....nice Shooting Guys!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 10:55:19 pm »
well, i missed :(
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline Jesse

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 11:38:53 pm »
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Josh

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 11:57:37 pm »
here's mine, I am just glad i hit the paper, LOL.  ...also glad i didn't miss my burlap target and put another hole in my shed...  :-\

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 12:33:34 am »
You ought to see my Picket Fence Josh...don't worry about a few Holes...they just add Character...... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 12:37:12 am »
...I need more character like I need another hole in my shed... <<<<<<<<<new quote for my Sig!   ;D ;D ;D