Author Topic: Hand held GPS  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Aries

Hand held GPS
« on: February 24, 2010, 03:52:47 pm »
Hey guys i got a new Endura GPS system for Christmas and have been trying to figure out how to load new maps on it since then. the lowrance web site has topomaps that you can purchase. I bought one of these and after doing so realized that i could not find any place that showed directions about where to put the file into my endura unit.  I have tried putting the file into every file on my endura i could find, and even bought a micro SD card and tried putting the file on it. i played with all the settings on the endura and still couldnt get it to show the file on my map.  Im not sure if this is a settings error on my part or if i just cant find the right directory for my map file but im at a loss ???.   Does any one have any idea what i should do? i have emailed their customer support and am still waiting on a responce.  Ty
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Hand held GPS
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:08:40 pm »
go to their website and there should be a map uploader there.  That is the way I had to do it with my Garmin for my truck.  There was a step by step process of hooking it up to the computer, downloading drivers so my computer would recognise it as a GPS unit and not a "mass storage device"  and then the program downloaded my updated maps to the correct spot for me.  It is worth checking out if you haven't already done so.   :)  Good luck!   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Aries

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:32:04 pm »
oh ok ill see what i can find  ;D. thanks
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline Aries

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 05:04:01 pm »
well i figured they had a software update that came out right round when i got my unit. so Im updating, maybe that will fix me up ;D
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 05:12:24 pm »
Good luck Aries!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Aries

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »
well update gave me nothin :( guess im waitin on them to email me now
                               ~Abraham Maslow