Author Topic: Hennassy Hammock Tents.. (pic)  (Read 13458 times)

Offline Aries

Re: Hennassy Hammock Tents.. (pic)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 12:20:11 am »
I used to use the Military jungle hammock. Used it in places we hunted in down here you were supposed to come out after dark but we didn't. They were great and you could camp in thick places nobody would stumble across you. The only down side I saw from the new ones is the nylon material they are made from to make them light. The mosquitos can bite through it where your skin is tight agaist the material. Like your back and butt :P
are the old military ones hard to come accross in surplus stores?? there is one very large surplus place that covers almost a whole city block in lawton, OK. might be worth given them a call?? :)
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 04:12:36 am »

I used to have an old original, that I borrowed, and liked it so well, I bought a Chinese copy.  Cotton canvas, and nylon screen, and canvas rainfly.  Heavy compared to the nylon ones, and that is what I was looking for, but like Eddie said the skeeters down here have long snouts, and will pierce the nylon, so if you have a nylon do what he said, and put a pad, or a blanket under you.  It is definitely comfortable.  Just think mosquito proof hammock.  Ahhh, a nice light rain, on the cabbage palm fronds, and it's snnnggggxxkkxxzzzzzzz...... 8) Hmmm.....spending the night, where you are supposed to come out at night......uh, Eddie, I believe I have done that very same thing, and probably in the same management area that you have......Off of sr60, or 441...... ;)  Only I did not have the hammock at that time, just a pop up tent, and dug a hole in the ground, and made a little fire, and cooked on my little gas grill, and enjoyed the outdoors.  In the morning I had hot coffee, breakfast, and then put everything in the back of my truck, and filled in the fire pit, and went hunting.  The hammock would have been ideal, and much more comfortable.  I suppose you could use one of those nylon net hammocks, and a mosquito bar, and a light tarp for a rain fly..... ;)  Is that $130 Canadian ?.......How much is that in American?

Wayne

Offline Aries

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 11:20:44 am »
the 130 is in USD. i have seen them on ebay goin for a similar price in USD. sounds like you guys have had some fun huntin trips  Ty
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 01:42:52 pm »
You can still find the military surplus ones around...just have to search for them.... I seen one in Amarillo just before Christmas...in a Surplus Store...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 03:49:46 pm »

El D, unfortunately down here it is difficult to find "Real" surplus stores.  Most of it is Military style crap from China. :P

Wayne

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 04:02:02 pm »

El D, unfortunately down here it is difficult to find "Real" surplus stores.  Most of it is Military style crap from China. :P

Wayne

...word.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jude

• Julian Benoit, Black River, NY & Kandahar, Afghan.
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 08:32:18 am »
PM me, and I'll send a link to Bradley's Military, the surplus store next to Ft. Drum, NY.  They have them in OD Green and Woodland Camo.  Not sure where they are manufactured, but they claim to have heavy canvas bottoms, and they look like the ones I used to see.  This place carries mostly authentic military gear, though they did sell cheap Chinese jungle boots in the past.  I go there when I'm missing something, or just want an extra set, since lots of Soldiers sell their stuff off there when they leave the service.
"Not all those that wander are lost."--Tolkien
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer."--Benoit

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 08:07:28 pm »
 Jude, just post the name and info without the .com and let everybody Google.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Jude

• Julian Benoit, Black River, NY & Kandahar, Afghan.
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 04:38:00 am »
Jude, just post the name and info without the .com and let everybody Google.
I though the same thing after I posted it ::)  Just Google "bradleyssurplus" and search "hammocks" on the site.  It comes up near the top of the search page, and it's in Evans Mills, NY, which also pops up in the description on Google.
"Not all those that wander are lost."--Tolkien
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer."--Benoit

Offline stickbender

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 08:58:24 am »

Thanks Jude. ;)  I will look them up. 8)

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »
 Wayne, there are surplus stores in Plant City and Lakeland that sell the real stuff.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 07:07:36 pm »

Ok, so you are just now getting around to telling me about this?  Are there any other items of interest in the area that I might be interested in?  so what did you get done today?  Other than lunch at the Cantina.  Did you ask the Geologist about the obsidian and other rock?
                                                                               Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2010, 07:48:26 pm »
 Google, ArmyNavy Surplus on North Florida Ave. in Lakeland. We finished the hole we started yesterday. The first one took nine days, the second, two days and only twelve more to go that I need to watch. I think there are about 30. The sad thing is if I had my guys and equiptment, each one would be 4 hours to complete.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2010, 08:01:11 pm »

O-Tay, thanks Eddie.  Well be gentle with those guys, after all they are feeding you......maybe they just like you, and don't want to see you go so soon...... 8)

Wayne

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 10:21:07 am »
Those look pretty cool. I bet the bears around here would appreciate you sleeping in one of those-get you up off the ground so that you're easier to grab.....;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.