Author Topic: i still cant..  (Read 12705 times)

Offline aero86

i still cant..
« on: February 24, 2010, 07:04:49 pm »
hit anything.  it seems like i try something different everytime, i get closer to being more accurate, but then, i relapse, or something!  maybe i should go back to using an anchor point and aiming.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline sailordad

Re: i still cant..
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 07:35:58 pm »
all i can say is

do what works for you  ;)
everyones style is a little differant
not everything works for everyone.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:43:49 pm »
how long have you been shooting?  Good shooting doesn't happen overnight.  Keep it up and if you get frustrated set it down and make me an arrow or two to calm down and then get back to it~!   ;D   O:)  O:)  O:)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 08:23:02 pm »
Even when instinctive shooting you need a consistent anchor point and good form, keep at it eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Kegan

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 08:56:28 pm »
Pictures! Takes some pictures of yourself shooting: full draw, the release, follow through. Any you can. Your alignment, your stance. Anything will help! First step to good shooting is good form :).

Offline aero86

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:12:44 pm »
I guess I should put it down for a whike I could make some matched arrows.  I do most of my shooting at work when I don't have anything to do, guess I could finish those feathers I split.  I might just do that josh, after I get those shafts out for you and oneeye!  Its hell trying to straighten shafts when you've got sinus problems.  The dry heat makes it worse!

Anyway to practice form without shooting?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline woodstick

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 10:36:00 pm »
same anchor point every time. have somebody video you when you shoot, i did and i could see what i was doing wrong.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 11:21:05 pm »
  Its hell trying to straighten shafts when you've got sinus problems.  The dry heat makes it worse!

...aww geez now I feel bad, hey take your time on mine... I'm not going anywhere.  ;)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 11:41:20 pm »
lately Ive been having the same problems....one day i'll be dead on and the next i get near the target....idk what to tell ya since im still figuring it out
GBR!

Offline aero86

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 12:08:37 am »
Nah don't feel bad.  Feel bad cause I can't get the stuff out that I want cause I can't breathe!   Its funny, I never had such problems till I quit smoking, but since I have quit, I have the worst winters ever!

I think before I shoot again ill have some arrows made up that will be proper for my bow.  I spined a few of my arrows so far, and the ones I'm shooting, feel the same but I'm not sure.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 03:32:18 pm »
99% of the reason behind bad shooting is inconsistency.  if you have the same anchor point, grip, and release, then the arrows should hit in relatively the same area.  usually when i miss, i know exactly what i did wrong.  if i hit high and left, i had a weak grip.  when i hit dead right, i plucked the string.  to increase your accuracy, concentrate on "burning a hole" in a very small spot.  you will be surprised at how soon you'll start hitting the spot.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 04:21:54 pm »
Properly spined arrows will make a world of difference too!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline aero86

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 06:17:59 pm »
thats my next plan pat!! ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 06:43:07 pm »
You'll be amazed!!! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 07:56:02 pm »
You can't shoot good without good arrows. Period. And it takes awhile. I went through a lot of the same stuff when I started back shooting stickbows. Eventually, after thousands of arrows, I would have those moments when something "clicked" and I reached another level. I don't shoot as much as I should now, but I finally got to the point where I know how to if I can make myself do everything like I know I should. I'm still inconsistant from time to time-some days I just can't miss, and some days I couldn't hit a cow from ten feet, but the more you shoot, the better you get (as long as you're not just practicing bad form and bad habits.) When I finally learned to make good arrows, my shooting got considerably better, too.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.