Author Topic: Discovering a hunting underworld/subculture  (Read 30134 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Re: Discovering a hunting underworld/subculture
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 02:12:41 pm »
Erik, german guns have real good records, could be a Beeman or a Weirhuck or a Diana (RWS),........ definatly pellets make a huge difference with my .177, .....7.4gr pellets where horrible, 9.6gr better, than I tryed 10.5gr hollopoints and are awsome.

on my .22 I shoot 14.3gr hollopoints and they are good, but I'm sure if I whent up in weight a bit it probably be better.

Airguns need very little cleaning, sorry Mike but a brass brush is to much, the softer steel of the airguns need a Nylon brush, RWS has a nice kit for sale with instruction how to care foe a springer

.....HO well we are under a Tsunami watch so I have to start evacuations prosedures,...see ya later
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:48:47 am by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 02:21:48 pm »
Forgot to mention, ........................pointed pellets are the worst accurate ones, you gotta stray away from them, best hunting compromise are the doomed or hollopoints
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 02:28:27 pm »
never seen a rifled Steel arrel that a Bras Brush would hurt...been using them all my life in all guns ...from BB to 50 caliber...brass is stoo soft to hurt a Steel barrel

Hope the Big Wave misses you....... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 03:42:23 pm »
Airguns need real little cleaning, they actually like and trive by the lubrication given by the lead pellets, when I first started I treated them as I did real rifles, I was overdoing it and experiance much less accuracy every time I whent to shoot, untill I got several pellets thru than accuracy improved drammaticaly.

Mike you check maintenance tips from manufacturers and the brass brush is a no no  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 05:02:41 pm »
The .177 is really good for pest control too ;D

This little gun with the 10.5gr Hollopoint it's awsome on birds, just bowls them over, my freezer is getting quite full with delicious Doves, allmost ready for a big cookout and get some of those that never thought about getting theyr food anywher else than the supermarket try the goodnes of the wild  ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2010, 05:29:31 pm »
 Manny, don't get wet, we felt a little jiggle here.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2010, 06:10:59 pm »

Hey, surfs up...... ::)  Head for the Mountains Manny, and take your bow, and arrows with you.......  ;) Yeah, Eddie, I was going to ask if you got any tremors......Ooohh tremors, ever see those movies. :o....now there is something I would not want to have to shoot with a bow and arrow :o......

Wayne

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 07:28:15 pm »
What an anticlimatic day, all ready to go and nothing happened, not even a ripple  ::) ::)   i like some caos now and again  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 07:41:11 pm »
 Got plenty in Chile, It's been on the local news all day.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Grunt

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 12:18:31 am »
Just sent back a .177 Browning break barrel pistol. The pellet gun came with a hand held extension tube that you fitted over the muzzle to give enough leverage to cock the piece. The problem is that the front sight is a sleeve fitted over the barrel and held in place with two set screws.  The extension sleeve torqued the front sight sleeve and in twenty rounds the front sight sleeve came loose twice. Bad Design!!! The pistol was accurate and had plenty of power to bad I couldn't keep it.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 12:35:45 am »
Hey Grunt...it wasn't the Browning 800 was it?? My Brother has one of them....and He kills Squirrels...Snowshoe Hare...and Skunks and Coons with His....he loves it with Pellets
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Grunt

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 09:20:10 am »
Was a 700 series I think . Like I said good accurate and powerfull. I was looking at the longevity of the gun. Didn't even come with an allen wrench to retighten the front sight sleeeve.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 02:25:15 pm »
If you want a good powerfull springer handgun try the HW45, ....but look into PCP handguns, I totally different realm  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 04:59:26 pm »

I was lucky enought today to be able to take a 20 yard shot at a wild rooster, the .177 cal 10.5gr hollowpoint shot at the head dropped the rooster right there

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Strongbow88

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 12:14:32 am »
I have a RWS Dianna model 48 in .22 cal and I like it alot.
Danny Johnson