Author Topic: Saskatoon bow. Done!  (Read 12278 times)

Offline Stoker

Re: Saskatoon bow. Done!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 03:57:01 pm »
Turned out pretty cool.Great job really like the finish.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 04:00:04 pm »
Thanks guys!

elk, "trippy" certainly applies!  ;D

Pappy, Dana, you are overly generous!  But I'll accept the exaggerations with gratitude.  ;)
The perch were delicious, BTW.  And easy, too:  Fry in canola oil or butter with salt.  Commence scarfing!

Josh, it is the same bow.  I have some tomato stakes; as soon as I fletch them I'll join a range, I'm both nervous and excited to shoot through the crono they have.  I'll post the number of joy/shame when I have it.

Thanks Leroy!  I'm sure proud of the American hockey team... They got the Gold Medal of non-Canadian hockey teams, eh!   :D
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Postman

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 09:47:11 pm »
that sure is one Looney bow eh?  I  Love it!

Congrats on the hockey gold  Zen-   Glad to see Sid the kid fell the Americans, if it had to be done. (diehard pens fan ;D)
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline NTD

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 02:01:48 am »
You don't see em like that everyday.  What a neat bow.  Sounds like it was a fun project.
Nate Danforth

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 08:40:02 am »
Yup love the perch I have several meals tucked away in da freezer eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Stoker

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 10:28:14 am »
Good bow..Good game..good perch..Life is good
Thanks Leroy :)
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline ohma

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 11:53:17 am »
absolutely great. no fiberglass mentallity goin on there.
if your not dead you are getting older so get out and shoot some arrows.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »
Very cool and tricky to build bow.  I may have missed it but what kind of wood is it?

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 02:04:48 pm »
A very nice bow! Bookmarked for March Self BOM fun, too.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 02:08:36 pm »
Excellent work. The tiller is great. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 02:38:04 pm »
Thanks for all the interest guys!

Postman, all of Canada loves Pittsburg because of the Penguins, we love the old tradition of throwing octopus on the ice, and before Sid it was SuperMario.

NTD, it was definitely fun!  My wife has been very indulgent of sawdust, bits of serving string, scraps of leather, strings of sinew, random sticks of bamboo, bowls of gelatin, the odd naughty word, and the reluctance to do anything but work on my pa projects.

Dana, Stoker, gotta love the perch.  The burbot (dogfish? ling cod?) should be busy right now too, I'm gonna have to try for a few of those soon, and of course I can't say no to walleye or pike either, if their heads appear in my hole!  Hmm, that didn't sound right...

ohma, fiberwhatzit!!???

Keenan, saskatoon is a Canadian prairie variant of serviceberry.  I referred to a couple of your posts frequently while building this one, so thanks for all the inspiration!!

Thanks OldBow!  Should be a tight race in March for selfbows, with Gordon and Keenan engaged in laminates, and everybody else getting their works of art into the February race!  Dare I dream...  I look good in a hat...

Thanks Jawge!  Your no-nonsense wisdom definitely helps to foster a git-her-done attitude, I know I'm far from the only one who appreciates your input!
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson