Author Topic: Copperhead pencil  (Read 5519 times)

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
Copperhead pencil
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »
A couple weeks back I agreed to a trade with Rudgerunner. He wanted a copperhead pencil for some cane shafts and the copperhead skin for the pencil. I just finished this up and am pretty pleased with it and wanted to share.

It's Ridgerunner's copperhead skin cast under polyester resin with Honey Mesquite  from Texas. The pencil mechanism is from a Pentel Sharp mechanical pencil. This is the first one of these Pentel conversions I've seen in snakeskin so this is a truly unique pencil. It's really hard to capture the shimmer in the skin in the photos but it really does sparkle in the right light.

A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Copperhead pencil
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:01:39 pm »
WOW!!!
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 10:34:43 pm »
 Real nice! That would match my pen and I use those pencils everyday at work.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NTD

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:35:51 pm »
very nice!!
Nate Danforth

Offline Timo

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 11:02:26 pm »
Very nice! You have a P.M.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 11:38:30 pm »
that is the nicest pencil I have ever seen...hands down.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 09:59:10 am »
Hands off boys that one is mine. ;D
Man is it ever sharp.

My old Pentel finely died.  I used it everyday since 1984.
Finished highschool with it, all the way through collage and then more than 20 years of work.  After a couple of repairs it just literally fell apart.  The old one is now put up.  But I got a new one on the way. ;D

Thank you JT.  I will use it with pride.  In 12 years I can retire if I choose to.

Thanks JT

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 04:29:04 pm »
stunning!

I have yet to try a pencil, but I got a kit for one around here somewhere, might just have to give something like this a try!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 09:56:13 pm »
Well, I just showed these pix to the wife and our 16 year old boy.
The wife said " I am going looking for a snake of my own now.  I wont a pin and a pencil like that."

The 16 year old said  " Now let me get the straight.  You sent him a arrow starter kit and he sent you a completed product."???

That boy is getting to smart for his on good.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Diligence

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 12:01:21 am »
now that's cool!....I wonder, does it come in a nice shade of water moccasin?...lol
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 08:58:37 am »
now that's cool!....I wonder, does it come in a nice shade of water moccasin?...lol

I think the next one will be in a nice young prairie rattler, I don't have nay water moccasin skins.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 11:34:50 am »
Well the pencil arrived Saturday.  Man is it ever nice. ;D  The way light plays off it you would think it is magic or something.
The pix DO NOT do it justice.  I am a happy camper now.

Thanks JT.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama