Author Topic: not sure what to think about this.  (Read 15646 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: not sure what to think about this.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 02:48:58 am »

Well as ol W.C Fields, said, " You can fool some of the people, some of the time, ......and that's enough to make a decent living off of "...... ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 10:19:01 am »

Well as ol W.C Fields, said, " You can fool some of the people, some of the time, ......and that's enough to make a decent living off of "...... ;D ;D

Wayne

i like that.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Dane

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 08:26:42 am »
It was the Dark Goat herself. This was in the suburbs, so it was odd she wasn't out in the woods. :)

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 09:03:40 am »
That is funny. 

My roommate in college and I both saw the 'negative' image of a horsedrawn carriage for about 1 second, passing us on an highway in Connecticut.  It was about 2 in the morning and, yes, I was sober.  So, for me, either we are both crazy at the same time, or something could be to it.  True story. ??? ;D
1’—>1’

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 11:02:15 pm »
It was the Dark Goat herself. This was in the suburbs, so it was odd she wasn't out in the woods. :)

Dane

Ia! Shub Niggureth, the black goat of the woods with a thousand young! Cthulhu fthagn!
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Dane

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 07:37:45 am »

Dane

Ia! Shub Niggureth, the black goat of the woods with a thousand young! Cthulhu fthagn!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 09:16:18 am »
I actually ordered the big Lovecraft Anthology the other day, haven't read any of his stuff in awhile.
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Dane

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 11:58:53 am »
I actually ordered the big Lovecraft Anthology the other day, haven't read any of his stuff in awhile.

I’ve just been getting back to HPL.

If the anthology is the Necronomican, big fat volume with black cover and silver letters, it is worth having. Any of the Arkham House volumes are worth owning, too. The one on revisions and ghost work is great, and includes The Mound, one of my favorites.

This summer, I am going to do the Lovecraft tour, visit all his residences, his grave, Brown University and see the original letters and manuscripts, and so on. Providence is about 2.5 hours drive from where I live, so no excuse not to get my butt in gear.

I still have to figure out where he lived in Brattleboro when he stayed there a couple summers. The house apparently still exists – maybe it should be called the “Shunned House” lol.

The last few years, my Roman legio has done a Columbus Day parade in Providence, and it is on College Hill, an Italian neighborhood that is the setting for the Haunter of the Dark. It is really cool to walk around knowing HPL had visited that area, and set a story there.

Yog Shuggoth! Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 10:00:28 pm »
Nyarlathotep! Tikilili!
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline stickbender

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 11:49:06 pm »

You guys speaking in tongues, or is your upper denture loose again?  ;D Sound like you have been to the dentists, and the Novocaine hasn't worn off...... ::)  Or did you just take too big a gulp of "Spring water", or too big a draw of ......Stuff...... ::) ;D
Speak English, boy, this is AMERICA! ;D

Wayne

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 12:35:34 am »
Wayne, you just need to read a few H.P. Lovecraft books, he was one of the earliest writers of horror/wierd fiction besides Poe. Good stuff, like The Call of Cthulhu, Dagon, the Dunwich Horror, At the Mountains of Madness, and such. And it's about eleven on Friday night, so spring water could possibly be involved, too....;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 12:52:29 am »
Dane, can you post some pics of your Roman legion? That would be cool to see!
Living a dream...

Offline stickbender

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 02:59:29 am »

Ok, Hillbilly, I guess I will have to start looking for his books.  That way, I can talk code too...... ;D  then I won't have to say .....Stuff...... ;D  The Dunwhich Horror sounds familiar. ;)

Wayne

Offline Dane

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 10:41:30 am »

Ok, Hillbilly, I guess I will have to start looking for his books.  That way, I can talk code too...... ;D  then I won't have to say .....Stuff...... ;D  The Dunwhich Horror sounds familiar. ;)

Wayne

Dunwich Horror was made into a bad movie, so maybe you have heard the title that way. There are a handful of Lovecraft stories made into movies, some reallly fun but not really true to the original material. Herbert West, Reanimator, Out of the Mouth of Madness, etc. I do recommend you look up and read a few of his stories. They are not for everyone, but I love his work. Lovecraft idolized Poe, but his main Cuthulu mythos stories were about cosmic evil trying to appear in our dimension and destroy or enslave us. As much science fiction as horror. When the stars are aligned right, and evil cultists lend a hand, these monsters tend to do all kinds of mischief.

Hail Asathoth!

Dane

Offline Dane

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 10:48:30 am »
Dane, can you post some pics of your Roman legion? That would be cool to see!

Can do, in another thread though, so this one isnt more hijacked than it already is! But here is one....this is a shot of a balllista that Fred, the bald guy in the photo built, a small stone throwing engine, which can get enormous campared to this baby machine. :) Fred is a cop in real life, and a great fabricator. He routinely builds chariots, triumphal arches, all kinds of things.

The Roman hobby is great, because you can make and play with all kinds of lethal toys.

Dane

[attachment deleted by admin]