Author Topic: Need the snow, but....  (Read 6931 times)

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
Need the snow, but....
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:14:42 pm »
I've got a wonderful new bow from Justin I need to try and we've gotten snow showers every weekend since I got it. I've also got a couple bamboo arrows from Aero86 to do testing on, too. This week has been fairly warm and snow's melting. I thought I can go shoot this weekend. But now the forecast says snow this weekend.  ::) 

Don't get me wrong, we need the snow. But why can't it snow during the week when you have a new bow?
Living a dream...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Need the snow, but....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:41:10 pm »
It is rain here, but with college and rain it sure has set me behind on the work front. I still haven't shot the rifle I got from you.  :o I did go out 2 weekends when it was nice, but there were so many motorcycles and four wheelers that I couldn't find any place to shoot.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Jesse

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 04:08:10 pm »
The weather is perfect here right now. Sunny with still plenty of snow left. Couldn't ask for nicer weather.     
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:33:41 pm »
Where You Boarding at Jesse....looks like it might be Devil's Head near Baraboo Wisconsin.been many Years since I was in that Area...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Jesse

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 01:20:34 am »
Where You Boarding at Jesse....looks like it might be Devil's Head near Baraboo Wisconsin.been many Years since I was in that Area...
actually I'm in Norway.
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Jesse

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 01:23:13 am »
Norway MI. that is ;D  About an hour or so from my house. :)
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 01:57:56 am »
I used to Ski Cliffs Ridge in Marquette...Indianhead and Powderhorn in the Porcupine Mountains...and once down to Devil's Head near Madison ...in Baraboo....never skied Norway Mountain...even though I grew up like 80 miles from it...... ::)....spent a lot of time in Niagra though.......the Bars were open after they closed in Michigan......... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Jesse

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 02:24:21 am »
I used to Ski Cliffs Ridge in Marquette...Indianhead and Powderhorn in the Porcupine Mountains...and once down to Devil's Head near Madison ...in Baraboo....never skied Norway Mountain...even though I grew up like 80 miles from it...... ::)....spent a lot of time in Niagra though.......the Bars were open after they closed in Michigan......... >:D
never tried any of those. I've only gone once before and that was to ski brule in northern wi. I really like Norway mountain. not busy at all and snowboarding for the whole day with rental, lift ticket, and a lesson came out to $35.00 for the Wednesday special.  Cant beat that :).
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Alpinbogen

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 08:23:50 pm »
Overall, I'm with Jesse.  I switch gears in the winter and hit the slopes pretty hard.  I rode this morning for a few hours in 47 degree weather on machine groomed granular sprinkled with death cookies.   >:D  Once the snow goes brown and rocks begin to poke through, I give everything a summer storage wax and switch gears again.  No need wreck expensive race decks in crap conditions during the last week.  The clock is ticking on winter, so I try to enjoy it while we have it...and brother have we had it!  I did stomp through the snow stump shooting yesterday, but much prefer to do that in short sleeves and sneekers.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »
 Looks nice, but I'd rather be surfing. You don't have to wear all those clothes.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Jesse

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 08:55:52 pm »
Alpinbogen. Looks like you got some skill there :o. Either that or you are a split second from eating some snow ;D   If I tried to get that low it wouldn't be pretty :)
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 11:40:53 pm »
Jesse, El Destructo was saying he wants you to bring him back some lutefisk from Norway. Says he can't find it in Texas. They think lutefisk is a musical instrument or something. Maybe it is during digestion, who knows?
Living a dream...

Offline Alpinbogen

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 11:05:18 pm »
Jesse, "Hero snow" helps tremendously.  Can't do that gracefully in granular chop.   ;)

...some clips from this year and last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBQ6s1rf4pg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIzuXCBM5LE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJvkFykJyoU

Tsalagi, Mullet, This time of year, when we start to get some warm days, I do get the itch for summer and wearing T-shirts and flip-flops, too.  It hit 53 today.  I played frisbee with my boys and sat in the breakfast nook for several hours in full sun with the windows open making a new quiver.  Sunshine, warmth...felt nice.   8)

Offline Jesse

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 11:59:53 pm »
Jesse, El Destructo was saying he wants you to bring him back some lutefisk from Norway. Says he can't find it in Texas. They think lutefisk is a musical instrument or something. Maybe it is during digestion, who knows?
Thats fish right ???  I never tried it  :)
Alpinbogen I really would like to be able to do that. I dont have an interest in flips or jumps but carving like that would be a blast. Im at the stage where I can carve a little and then I catch the edge wrong and slam down face first ;D. You make it look effortless. Guess I cant expect to do that the first time out  :)
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 11:33:16 pm »
"Thats fish right?"

It's allegedly fish. Anyway, it's rumored to be fish. I never tried it, either. I think it's the Nordic answer to Spain's bacalao. 
Living a dream...