Author Topic: what is the biggest gathering  (Read 6307 times)

Offline Blacktail

what is the biggest gathering
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:39:40 pm »
is it TN classic or MOJAM...i don't know of any others...and what kind of fun stuff is done there...i was thinking this year for the Oregon gathering we could shoot an apple off  keenans head....BUT THEN,with the way Dave shoots that might not be a good idea  ;D ;D...john

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: what is the biggest gathering
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:42:24 pm »
I don't know which is the biggest overall, but the Tennessee Classic has the most from the PA boards.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 01:23:23 am »
hey thanks justin...that explains all the talk about the classic..

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 01:37:07 am »
when I was at MOJAM last year there were around maybe 150 people (excluding little ones and people who got dragged along for the ride ;D)

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 02:06:03 am »
Last year we had over 500 attend OJAM, probably more like 600. I know there was over 100 selfbows made there over the 4 day event. I've not been to the Classic yet, but hope to soon.
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline portlandfire

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 06:23:56 am »
Hey John, you ARE talking about Cheney and not me, with regard to our accuracy.....right. >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 07:23:10 am »
We usually have around 400+ register for the shoot and probably a little over 500 just milling around,especially Sat . evening when it's time for the pot luck supper. ;) ;D ;D There was 38 last year registered for the selfbow challenge, but no telling how many were made a lot for sure.This is a picture of just folks from this board ,never counted them but quite a few.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 10:40:09 am »
 DAVE...yes i was talking about cheney...some one needs to rattle his cage. ;D ;D...man,pappy i didnt really know that many people came out...sounds like alot of fun...NOW PAPPY..are you really sure you want keenan to come out... :o ;D ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 11:10:48 am »
John, the real question is Keenan ready to meet the bunch in person.  :D  I do think he and Lulyn will fit right in!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Jesse

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 03:51:59 pm »
Cloverdale is a pretty big event also but if I had to choose I would go to Tennessee ;)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:27 am »
hey pat,you are right...BUT,i think you are in for a real treat with Keenan..he is one of the few people i have meet that has one of the BIGGEST hearts i have EVER meet...and a major bow junky also. you might want to give him a napkin he has a little drool trouble when it comes to bows..WARNING TO EVER ONE...if you have any snake wood Keenan will be wheeling and dealing his best...i just want you guys to take care of my bro and sister..john

Offline Keenan

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 12:26:20 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D  John I resemble that drooloing statement. >:D

Offline aero86

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 12:38:51 pm »
wow!  i wanna go!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 01:07:36 pm »
  John your kind words got me thinking. Our Bowyers gathering isn't that big how ever I do believe it has the biggest hearted people that I've ever met.  To see people like Gordon, Dave C and Dave H aka(Portlandfire) and so many others come and poor out their hearts all three days helping people from sun up to sun down. Watching you help teach the youngsters the napping skills and the kids running around role playing the warriors of the past.  It seems it has become one of my favorite times of the year.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 01:08:09 pm »
wow!  i wanna go!

you should come aero86, it was a blast last year.  I will be there this year too!  and the next year and the next year and the next year...  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln