Author Topic: TN Classic point case raffle IT'S GETTING FULL!  (Read 25306 times)

Offline FlintWalker

TN Classic point case raffle IT'S GETTING FULL!
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:22:15 pm »
Mr. Tim Ott donated this SUPER FINE arrowhead case, and me and a few others have already agreed to donate a point to help fill it.  The case will be either auctioned or raffled off at this years TN classic.  The proceeds will go to the Twin Oaks archery club in appreciation for putting on such a fine event.   Any of you who've been there will attest to that!
 So far, I have Timo, myself, Hillbilly, Cowboy, Billy, Sailordad, Jamie, Leapingbare, Mullet and Dana down as offering a point for the case.
  The case is 6-1/2" by 12-1/2" so there's room for several more points.    Anyone else who would like to add one to it can send it to me and I'll see to it that it added.   I would ask that you please try to keep the size to a minimum so we can get more in it.  Signing the point would be nice too.

I'll keep updated pictures as points are added and if we come up with more points than we have space...we'll just find another case ;D

My address is    Shannon Walker
                     736 Jeffrey Rd.
                   Mt. Hermon. Ky 42157

I promise not to keep it for myself, as tempting as it may be O:)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:55:28 pm by Saw Filer »
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: TN Classic point case raffle
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:27:08 pm »
 It's a great Idea, Shannon, get you mine when I get back. And I don't have a problem with the minimum size limit. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:32:54 pm »
Wish I knapped Shannon....I would be in on it too....but instead...I am going to make a Bow or two for Pappy to Raffle or Auction off....got to give back....for all the Generosity that is put forth there every year...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:42:58 pm »
Shannon,that case looks awesome
i like it with your pine tree in there like that

ill send one right out tomorow for ya  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 07:57:13 pm »
I wish I could knap too so I could donate to the project.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 08:03:52 pm »
If it wouldn't insult the other donors, I probably could find a point for such a good cause.  If you accept my offer, can I just bring it to the Classic as I have had some bad luck with the mail lately!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 08:12:52 pm »
It's the thought that counts Mike and Josh ;)
  I gave Pappy a bow last weekend to give away/raffle off.  I'm pretty sure Timo is donating a bow too.   There should be lots of nice things to be had down there this year.  Gonna be the best Classic yet.  I can just feel it!

Sure you can Joe!   In fact,  any of you who had rather wait and hand deliver your point. That would be fine too.      The only reason I wanted to get it together before the event is becuase I would like to see the case full no later than Friday night.  That way when the BIG crowd rolls in and starts buying tickets they'll be able to actually see what the could win. ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline wildman

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 08:24:54 pm »
If my points didn't look like a small huminoid primate just beat the tar out of the first rock I'd love to maybe I'll be better next year I cannot express how good everyone was to us  ;D last year at the classic it was the first of many
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline sailordad

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 08:48:58 pm »
i forgot to ask
whats the max point size ya want shannon
not that i make massive blades,i just want to make sure it fits the theme ya know  ;)

i got a really nice one that i was hiding,never shown it to no one other than the wife
never posted a pic of it or anything.i figure this would be the right way to show it off  ;D

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 08:51:47 pm »
This is cool, i'll add a Cumberland  ;)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline sailordad

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 08:55:36 pm »
jesse, thats way cool  :o 8)

now can i buy  a raffle ticket if i dont go to the classic?
if your thowing in a cumberland,and shannons got that sweet pinetree in there. i want my chance at that case too  ;D
cant wait to see what everyone else donates to the cause

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 09:18:35 pm »
I will send you a point also.  I have a nice Dalton I will add.  Sawfiler will have to take a picture of it  when he gets it filled.
Steve  Nissly

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:11 pm »
I expected that one Jesse :D
 Tim, I see no reason why you can't :-\  I personally don't want to handle anybodies money though. If I have to...I'll buy your tickets for you in front of a witness.  You know, to be sure it's not really my name on the ticket. ::) ;D
 As for size... the case is 6.5" tall inside the glass. I think anything over 5" will kinda overwhelm it :-\

Thanks Steve ;)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 09:56:06 pm »
Would love to have that case. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make it to the Classic. I will be knee deep in schoolwork during that time.  :(
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Timo

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 10:54:23 pm »
Well. I finally got a small Dalton made tonight.... (man I've had it rough). Was gonna put it in this case, but I kinda have another one going right now so we might wait to see how it turns outs. ;D

Looks like you won't have any trouble filling it up there slickfoot! ;)