Author Topic: trophy wall  (Read 14068 times)

Offline terence pinder

trophy wall
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:08:32 am »
just wondering if anyone else has one? these are the deer that werent quite big enough to make it into the house. these were shot by  my dad, grandpa, brother and I.over quite a few years

Offline DanaM

Re: trophy wall
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 08:02:27 am »
Nope don't have one the little guys end up as knife handles :) Actually I shoot more does than anything,
I like meat more than horns :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:31:36 am »
i'll get up some pics of my grandpa's today.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 10:29:00 am »
nope, not much of a deer hunter
i keep turkey beards and spurs(now that i am a turkey killer and not just a turkey hunter  ;D )

but they just hang on a hook,nothing special
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:20:10 am »
  I'm a doe killer, too. I don't discriminate. I've got a boat load of Turkey parts though.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 01:58:08 pm »
I hunt Meat.....not Antler.....I have nothing but a few Skulls to show except for this Years Whitetail I got with a Primitive Bow....my Wife got it mounted for Me....didn't think I would ever see that day happen.... ;D...but as a Rule...I shoot Doe....Unless an Unsuspecting Buck comes by.... :o....because if I shoot it I eat it....and Doe sure eat better than an Ole Tough Buck....it's that simple ;)...other than that....all Racks become Knife Handles...and other Primitive Utensils..

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:06:54 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 04:16:36 pm »
I'll take a young buck over a doe any time for eating purposes.  It's way too easy to shoot an ancient doe that's as tough as any buck. 
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 06:05:48 pm »
I don't really have a trophey wall they are spread out all over my house......and garage and yard. I've kept all the bucks skulls I've killed with primitive gear no matter how small and I have one 142" whitetail buck shoulder mount and a coyote shoulder mount that are primitive bow kills also.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 06:37:18 pm »
     I don't have a wall like that!  That is pretty cool. 8)  I am like the others, I don't particularly care about antlers, except for using them, but occasionally I have taken decent sized racks, not looking for them, though, just the meat.  I prefer doe, but a young spike will do fine also.  Man, Ga. is the place for meat!  I don't know what it is now, but some years back My Dad, a Friend of the family's, and Myself went hunting there, and you could get three bucks, and five does! :o  Talk about filling your freezer up...... :o  But the most impressive trophy room, I have ever seen was in Montana.  My Buddy, also paints (houses and what not) and he was going back to put a few touch ups, on a HUGE log home, that he had stained, and sealed, and the owner, gave him permission to hunt some pheasants, and said I could also.  So we got there, and as we are driving up the drive way, I see Pheasants, running across the road, and then I see flocks of ducks, landing in a pond near the house, and more of them, a little ways off, in a bigger lake, and then flocks of pheasants, flying, over the fields of oats.  He had about fifty acres.  Forty of them planted in oats.  Well needless to say, the pheasants were like politicians on a tax dollar! ;D  Anyway, before we got to the main house, there is a standard size house, about a hundred yards, before the main house.  When I asked if that was the care takers house, he said no, that is something else, I will show you after I get done with touch ups.  So we get to the main house, and I am blown away......there are full body mounts, of Big Horn Sheep, Mountain Goats, and wall mounts of huge Boone and Crockett class elk, and deer, in fact everything in there was Boon and Crockett class, or better!  The walls were just covered with these things! So we go past the full body mount Sheep, and go up the stairs, and there are Rhino heads, more Elk, Eland, Moose, Tusks, etc.  I am just standing there with my mouth open.  This is all in an upstairs room, with a full sized bar!  I mean Full sized ! Plus a big kitchen!  Well then My Buddy says, come on we will walk down to the smaller house.  So we do, and when we walk in inside, I am just speechless!  This is not a house, it is his trophy room!!!  There on the walls, are warthogs, zebra skins, spears, etc. and on the floor, is a full body mount lion, and against the wall is a fiber glass representation of a mountain, with Oudads, Shamies, Mountain Goats, exotic Sheep, etc.  In one of the other rooms, is a wall full of Dik Dik's, and sable, eland,Impala, and  Bongos, and all kinds of exotic African, and European animal mounts.  I asked my Buddy, what the hell does this guy do for a living?  He said he married a very wealthy wife!  8) Dang she got a sister?!  :o To give you an idea of the kind of money he has to throw around, he spent eighty thousand dollars, to bid on a sheep hunt in alaska!  I could buy a mountain and add a Guide with that kind of money!!!  He lives next to a National wild life preserve, for waterfowl.  So his ponds, were full of ducks, of all kinds.  I think it was in Charlo or that area.  Anyway, I have never seen the equal of that place!  Not even in Bass Pro !  But like I said, I don't have the amount of antlers that you have.  Or anywhere near that.  Those are nice!  I know these Knappers, are thinking wow, handles.....boppers....flakers...... ;D  Thanks for showing them.

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 06:43:20 pm »

Dang, El D, those are some nice racks also! :o  I see some nice knife handles there too! ;)

Wayne

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »
hey stickbender, ive got a neighbour like that, hes got oil money, just dropped 60 000 in africa. id like a warthog skull to put on the mantle

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 07:54:14 pm »
  Terence, I don't know why, But I think I'd treasure a big, bow killed Warthog mount, myself. They look cool.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 12:08:01 am »
probly the tusks, like a mini woolymammoth

Offline stickbender

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 01:30:35 am »

That would be cool! 8)  There is a Warthog head mount in Thompson Falls, Mt., in a little Barber Shop.  It is there because his Wife would not let him put it  in the house.  We all agreed, including the Female Barber, that he should have stood his ground.  But anyway, I get to look at it when I get the hair on the sides of my head cut.  Since they are the only ones that have hung on.  It is a big sucker too!  I would love to have one of those in my House!  :o Uh, head mount that is! ::)  Yeah, it must be nice to have money like that.  8) I once had a chance to go on a Safari with a Friend of mine and it would only have cost me $ 5,000.00, plus tips, and food.  I couldn't afford it. :( :'(  Well I haven't checked my Lotto, and Power Ball tickets yet...... ::)

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 02:56:36 am »
  Terence, I don't know why, But I think I'd treasure a big, bow killed Warthog mount, myself. They look cool.

Eddie....look what I got coming in on Our Lease now....I wonder if they taste as bad as they Smell......... :P....these Guys are really skittish too....I took these Pitures with a 400mm Lens from about 200 yards away...as soon as they winded Me...they were gone.. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome