Author Topic: trophy wall  (Read 14069 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: trophy wall
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 01:08:09 pm »

Must've kicked off the boots...... ;D ;D
Well El D, there are some mighty fine looking winter jacket liners there......not to mention some mittens, and trooper hat. ;)

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 03:34:38 pm »
Have you ever Smelled an Wild Ram......... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 03:36:46 pm »
Oh no El D, Sheep in cattle country ain't never gonna work ;D Bob

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 03:39:34 pm »
I don't know what these Guys are....thought that it was an Aoudad...but the Colors aint right....but I don't think that they are Sheep...these are wild as a Russian Boar....and just as skittish too......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 03:57:42 pm »

My guess would be a Corsican Ram, and Ewes. ;)  I imagine they would tend to smell a bit, but after tanning, and sunning, should be fine for clothing, seat covers, bed pads, etc. . :)

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »
I believe that You are right...and they were even Bred in Texas...no wonder that they are wild here...I hope I get a shot at one this Fall...but then I guess I could get one now...since there is no Season on them.......... ;D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 04:34:05 pm »
 I wish I had those coming in on my lease. I'd probally have to use my" reach out there and touch one", Gun. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 06:42:22 pm »
i aint against showing off horn. i am a horn hunter by no means, i wasnt raised that way. my dad has a few mounts hes done for himself i have the 4 buck ive killed over the years on show too haha, horns are a sacred element of an animal so much use but if ya got no use for it, show em off.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 08:47:54 pm »

My guess would be a Corsican Ram, and Ewes. ;)  I imagine they would tend to smell a bit, but after tanning, and sunning, should be fine for clothing, seat covers, bed pads, etc. . :)

Wayne
They are Corsican, a cross between muflon and woolies. Most of the hairy sheep fall into the corsican family. Those look like they have been crossed with the woolies recently. They have 1 lamb twice a year while woolies have 2 once a year so it has been an experiment lately to see if they could get 2 lambs twice a year. That is why the wool is showing through on their backs.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 08:56:37 pm »
I wish I had those coming in on my lease. I'd probally have to use my" reach out there and touch one", Gun. ;D

thats what i was thinking my 7mm mag would love to drop one of them
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:18 pm »
El D, I shot a ewe like that on a ranch down by San Antonio a couple years ago.  It was decent eating, though I'm biased against it as I don't go for mutton much.  The kids loved it and I gave most of it to them.  Not sure what a ram would be like.  We did make some gyro meat out of it and I thought it was very good.

I had a trophy wall at the last house.  If I can find one of the pictures of it I'll post it, but the horns aren't that impressive.  I shoot what comes by, and the big ones must send the small ones ahead of them it seems.  Hard for me to wait.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 09:11:24 pm »
I think that Gyros ( gee-rows) are some of the best eating Sandwiches I have ever eaten.... I can tell you one thing.... if I get a shot... I'll be eating Mutton..
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 09:51:43 pm »
Yea, gyros taste great, I usually have them grill the onions though.  I'm not sure where Laura got the gyro recipe from.  Had to cook ground sheep meat like a meat loaf and then set a brick on top of it to get it really dense.  Good luck and take pictures.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 03:46:12 am »

El D, you can have my share of the Mutton.  Seems like they are wild, since their tails aren't docked.
I will take the hides though...... ;)
                                                                      Wayne

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 08:12:13 am »
Wayne...I dislike Mutton by itself too...but cooked in a Gyro...with the Cucumber/Yogurt Sauce....it's really good...but then again..it's not all Mutton either...the Mutton Loaf is a compressed Meat Loaf of 50/50 ...Mutton/Burger
2024...We Will Overcome