Author Topic: What to do!  (Read 27351 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: What to do!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2007, 12:08:04 pm »
Eye protection, brain runs faster then my fingers LOL

Actually a good name would be "Patience"

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2007, 12:53:24 pm »
It seems to have self-destructive tendencies. How about "Kamikazi" or "Suicidal Suzie"  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2007, 02:35:09 pm »
That's a tough one Pat. The ideal thing would have been to put a thin lam between the Bamboo and core. Now the next best thing would be to put a thin lam extending past the handle a couple inches on both side and between the handle and core. This lam should be thin enough to bend with the bow but still add some strength at the handle area.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2007, 10:00:16 am »
Marc, I will add another lam over the handle area joint. My intentions with the boo flooring handle was for it to bend a bit. I didn't think about the support for the splice though.  When I repair it I will use a stronger wood but in a lam that is thin enough to bend a bit. Them I think I will wrap the handle over that.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

duffontap

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 02:35:20 am »
Pat,

Clean your shop?  You shouldn't make me feel bad like that.  Cleaning my shop is a two-month process involving rebuilding cabinets, adding drying racks, installing windows, etc.  I'll have it really clean in a couple years.

J. D. Duff