Author Topic: bowstring  (Read 22159 times)

Beleg813

Re: bowstring
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2007, 05:41:14 pm »
I'm definitely understanding the art of making strings considerably more---the problem is I just don't know where to get the actual spools from!?!

Offline david w.

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2007, 08:58:41 pm »
youtube has a good video of the loop being made
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline possum

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2007, 09:22:48 pm »
Whenever I get frustrated working on my bows I stop and go make a string.  It was tough when I started because it kept undoing the previous loop.  I thought I was twisting it all wrong but I was just untwisting it.  I hadn't thought of just adding a few extra, so I was just turning the loop end in the same direction as I was twisting the individual strands, which happened to be away from me.  I'm left handed so I won't give exact directions for fear of further confusing the confused. :P  Doing it this way kept the individual strands from twisting up.  I have never done a 3 strand but I keep telling myself... some day. :)  I also use the compact jig.  It all fits on my lap easier.

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC