Author Topic: Anqure points with longbows  (Read 3213 times)

douglas george

Anqure points with longbows
« on: March 13, 2010, 12:59:11 pm »
I would like to know how to "aim" a primitive longbow.  I own four handmade "Taylor Made" (Lanny Taylor) longbows.  One is a 73 lb laminated longbow, one is a 45 lb Osage Orange longbow, another is a 48 lb composite Hickory, bamboo longbow, and the last is a 48 lb fiberglass & wood longbow.  I shoot target archery with a Hoyt re-curve bow and Carbon Express arrows.  I shoot Lanny's longbows with Cedar field arrows.  I would like some ideas on how to hold, and shoot a longbow...I have only been shooting primitive for three months, and I love it!  I have always had a love for the longbow, and medieval archery.  My sister owns 25 a. of land in Paradice Vally Montana, north of Yellowstone park on the Yellowstone river, and I work in Idaho with pyrotechnics...so I want to do some primitive bow hunting.  I rifle hunt with flint rifles, and my longest shot on a deer was 16 yards...so I think I can hit one with a bow.
Douglas George

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Anqure points with longbows
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:41:48 pm »
    Ofcourse I've killed 33 bucks and 9 gobblers with self bows. shoot it the same way you shoot your other bows except the whelle bow.Right off the bat you've got to stop saying if I only had my compound.Because you can't shoot the distance on pin point your arrow.You can shoot small groups.
  Just get close have a shape head andlet it fly.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING