Linked Events

• Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2010 - May 02, 2010

Author Topic: 13th Tn. Classic Pappy and Myself need info  (Read 36153 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 13th Tn. Classic Pappy and Myself need info
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 04:23:09 pm »
 ronnie, Yes it does. And the fan in the roof.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »
Well the Company I work for decided to move the N.C.C.O Recertification Tests(crane operators test) from the 19th of April to the 28th....so I won't be down till at least Thursday now....wanted to be there a lot sooner....I just hope I can do all of My Tests ...and the Hands On Evaluations...all in one Day....otherwise...I may not get to go...I have to have these to keep my Job....this SUX........ >:(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2010, 12:54:10 pm »
dang Mike I hope you get to go... That does suck...  :(
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 01:12:22 pm »
I am going to try my Damndest...I gave them 4 months warning that My Certifications were going to lapse...and they drug their feet till they did...the Card ran out in November...now I have to recertify on all levels...Large and Small Hydraulic...Lattice Boom Crawler...and Lattice Boom Truck Mount...and Tower and Overhead Crane...all in one day...and then I have to do the Hands On...on the Large...Small...and Lattice Boom the same day....am I going to be Stressed out!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 01:12:18 am »
I know you can do it though Mike... anyone who can play on the internet on their phone and operate a crane at the same time HAS to know what they are doing!!   :P   ;)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2010, 10:52:20 pm »
 Piece of Cake! ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 12:34:27 am »
                                           Glad that You All are so Optimistic.......... :-[
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 12:51:20 am »
EL/D:  You mean you won't have someone on the head set trying to tell you what to do during all that testing??  I always trusted the operator, but never the guy that was trying to land a load!  You will do fine.  Looking forward to seeing you at Twin Oaks!  Also if the fellow doing the testing is like some welding inspectors I have known, he can't do what you can do on a crane!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2010, 01:02:06 am »
Thanks Joe....I always get myself all worked up for these Hands On Tests...You Spend Your whole Life learning to do a Job...They (the Company and Safety Department) tell you to take your time and do everything right...You have all the time and right to do it safely...no Rush....they give you a Rigger to help guide in the Loads...you have either Hand Signal...or Radio Contact at all times...Then They put you in this Test Scenario...No Rigger...no Spotter....no Idea how far the distances are between the 55 Gallon Drums that you have to Lower the Ball into one(which is 6 inches bigger than the Ball)....then start swinging and booming to drop the Ball into the next Barrel...and you have 1 1/2 minutes to complete it....then theres the Obstacle Course....where you have a 1200 pound weight on the Hook and you have to boom up and swing...and boom down and swing this weight through the Zigzag Course...without knocking any Tennis Balls off the 1 1/4" PVC Pipe Posts...and to top it off...they throw in a Stop Watch....and tell You to hurry...because you only have 2 minutes to run the Course...in one Direction...the turn around and do it in reverse..........wish me luck........
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2010, 01:10:03 am »
YOU CAN DO IT LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE.  JUST REMEMBER THEY NEED YOU CAUSE THE JOB ALWAYS GOES THRU THE OPERATOR!!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2010, 01:10:43 am »
                                                C/MON down for Moral Support Joe............. ;)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 12:32:30 pm »
Well I need to finalize my plans but so far it looks like just me and Bob this year, hopefully leave wendsday evening after work and get there some time thursday morning.....Same wall tent as usual.  Shannon, I can bring ya a extra cot this year if you wanta stay in the tent again. We'll have plenty of extra room.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 02:22:53 pm »
Glad to see you're going to make it Ryan! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Josh

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 02:31:51 pm »
whoa it's GregB!  Where ya been hidin?   :)

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 03:38:58 pm »
I'm pretty sure I'll be attending my first TN Classic.  I was told to be there on Thursday to get in on the bowmaking process, but not sure what time on Thursday it'll be starting.  I'll be coming from Knoxville.  The only tent I've got is my big family-sized 4-6 person tent, I probably won't bring it unless someone out there would like to share, since it takes up so much space.  If not, I'll just sleep in the back of my truck. :)