Author Topic: Should I go to the Tennessee Classic?  (Read 16814 times)

Offline billy

Should I go to the Tennessee Classic?
« on: March 18, 2010, 02:23:30 pm »
I keep hearing about how big the Tennessee Classic is, but I've never been.  I was gonna go last year, but then saw the weather report with all kinds of rain that weekend, so I decided against it.  I am hoping the weather will be much better this year.  And I am thinking of trying to make it up there.  I will be done with school and my internship will be over, so I will be definitely have the time.  I've heard that this event is now the biggest primitive archery gathering in the world.  Well, should I go?  What is it like?  And what should I bring if I do go? 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Should I go to the Tennessee Classic?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:35:00 pm »
Don't let a little "liquid sunshine" stop you from going to the coolest shoot in the world!  It rained every day I was there last year and it was great anyhow...  :)  I wouldn't miss it for anything this year.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline BearG

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 03:18:15 pm »
I've been going for 11 or 12 years now and would not miss it for anything.  and as far as the rain goes.  Well its gotta rain some time but I will say you will have the best time.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:41:55 pm »
Billy, I've been going for years and it's rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock every single year. I've also had a ball every year and enjoyed myself to the maximum amount allowable by law and then some, never really noticed the rain. There's about an acre of covered sheds down there to stay under when it's raining, anyway.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 05:17:09 pm »
When I went I almost got killed by a tornado on the way home. I haven't been since...... 8)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:54:51 pm »
The short answer     YES
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline yazoo

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:51:05 pm »
rain all I saw last year was sunshine,,,I dont want to miss nuten will be there a week early,,
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 10:36:45 pm »
Whats a little rain, theres plenty of covered area to build bows, flintknapp, bs, eat, drink, well you get the picture, you'll have the time of your life.
VB

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:33:43 am »
You'd love it, Billy. I have for the last 3 years and expect to this year...come rain or shine!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

MO Hawkeye

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 01:48:51 am »
I've never been, what are the dates?

Thanks,

Paul

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 02:07:40 am »
Nevermind the sunshine, will there be plenty of moonshine?  ;D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 02:42:20 am »
Billy GO!!! Keenan will be there this year. You two are in for one heck of a good time. I will see you there next year!

David T (AKA: Tiller)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 03:57:10 am »
I've never been, what are the dates?

Thanks,

Paul

Starts the Last Day of April...and the 1st and 2nd of May...but come early and meet everyone...I was supposed to be there Tuesday or Wednesday...but now I have Training on Wednesday...so I will have to make it a Short One this Year....but I will not miss it...come Hell or High Water....and the Later is a damned good possibility....... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 05:07:27 am »

Billy you should have your butt kicked for such a question. We just need to find someone tough enough to do it ;D  Hope you can make it Bro. It would be nice to meet you in person. At least then I would have to listen to Dave Cheney trying to tell me stories then wonder if it's true :o :o

Offline billy

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 01:21:30 am »
All right All right!!  I'll do my best to get my butt outta GA and head for the high country up there in Tennessee.  I don't know yet what my schedule will be with work, but if there is an opening....then I will be there!
Marietta, Georgia