Author Topic: Holy COW!!! Finding all kinds of rock in my yard!!!  (Read 1643 times)

VenomBOWslinger

Holy COW!!! Finding all kinds of rock in my yard!!!
« on: March 20, 2010, 06:06:37 pm »
My son is out in backyard digging holes and he comes in with a rock saying he found gold!!!  Well after further inspection I see it is petrified wood.  No way I found that in upstate NY.  Well it now looks like a back hoe came in I found almost a whole tree so far of rock and also I found huge quartz nodule and some mily white glassy rock with orange all over it.  What the heck is going on keepin the kids busy...lol  what you guys think of it? 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 06:09:59 pm by VenomBOWslinger »

VenomBOWslinger

Re: Holy COW!!! Finding all kinds of rock in my yard!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 06:07:39 pm »
Kids...lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:07:51 pm »
I say - keep them kids busy doing something other than watching TV and other inside things! Looks like thier onto some kind of major discovory out there and thier having fun doing it. I have a lot of petrified wood that comes outa the ground around here, but not knappable. Yours may be different - may be worth a try...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:28:09 pm »
Yeah well its kinda a rare thing where I live but it is really silver and heavy.  The funny ting is the giant pink quartz nodules and the white rock that looks like quartz with orange.  Either someone put it there many moons ago or something.. was kinda funny how th ithought.who knows I te kids thought they struck it rich.  It made my day and they got off the computer and TV for at least 4 hours! 

Cheers,
Russ

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 10:39:23 pm »
the quartz stuff is tough . that shist is very similar to some of the nasty work i posted of the connecticut concrete. good job keeping the kids busy!!!  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct