Author Topic: Yew/Bone/Damascus knife  (Read 7556 times)

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
Re: Yew/Bone/Damascus knife
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 07:00:35 pm »
Kylerprochaska - note I'm no expert, but it is one of those things I always wanted to try.  This is the second knife I have made - the first one is much bigger and I made all of it when a friend of mine (a blacksmith) did a one-day blade-making course for just me.  A great guy!

It is pretty much like everything else on this site - if you can get the raw ingredients, it is really just a matter of a little time, a lot of sweat, and a bit of trying, and there is so much inspiration on this site that I find it hard not to make things like I see here.

Keep up the inspiration everyone !!!  ;D ;D ;D
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline backgardenbowyer

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 08:41:03 pm »
That's quite lovely Bob - you've inspired me to have a go, as I 've never made a knife.  Doubt if I could achieve anything like this though!

Stan

Offline kerryb

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 11:30:46 pm »
great looking, beautiful craftsmanship.
Milan Mo

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 10:32:36 am »
good lord. me, my friend, and his dad all make knives occasionally, and his dad is really, really good, and what we make aint near as sweet as that thing. love the wood sheath. man amazing work, great job.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 06:55:10 pm »
That is fine looking work.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline WOODSLORE

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 10:27:54 pm »
Sweet man! did you make it cable twist or "sandwich" fold? Its real nice congrats! Oh and by the way SUPER "RAIN" PATTERN ON THAT BLADE!!!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:31:07 pm by WOODSLORE »
Paleo arts are a long sent gift from our ancestors.

If primitive meant dumb......none of us would have been born!

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 04:06:50 pm »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind comments.  Woodslore, I'm afraid that I did not make the blade myself.  It was bought years ago from a UK archery supplier, and is a scian dubh blade as correctly identified by Commadore earlier on in this thread.  I wish I could say that I had made it, because I would then be justly proud of those skills ;D
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719