Author Topic: Shooting a LITTLE ordinance  (Read 3885 times)

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
Shooting a LITTLE ordinance
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:13:33 am »
I got to have a little fun yesterday. A friend of mine is a machinist and made this miniature cannon and we got to christen it yesterday. It's .800 caliber. These shots were with about 240 grains of black powder with no wad or projectile. We shot more later with up to 300 grains and a paper towel wad and they got really loud.

The guy lighting the fuse in the first video is the maker of the cannon, I got to light it in the second video. we found out we need to set the camera more secure after the first video. Make sure to listen for the echo.

A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline lowell

Re: Shooting a LITTLE ordinance
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:32:40 am »
Looks like fun..the 4th of July is right around the corner >:D

Would like to see some close ups of the cannon?? .. Did he make the wheels too?
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 01:37:06 pm »
Here's the best close ups I've got. And yes, he made the wheels and everything else.

A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline kerryb

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:21:18 pm »
beautiful craftsmanship.
Milan Mo

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 03:41:49 pm »
I'd be tempted to wire up an electronic ignition and set it up on a deer trail... Then after hours of waiting for a deer to stop in *just* the right spot, I'd curse myself for an idiot and go home..  ::)
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stoker

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 02:48:08 pm »
Very Cool Thank you for sharing
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Diligence

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 04:03:33 pm »
Big boys and their little toys!....I think I'd run away too!.....thanks for sharing.
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 01:14:46 pm »
That is to cool,love to have one of them. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good