Author Topic: if you could meet any one from PA  (Read 20868 times)

Offline Blacktail

if you could meet any one from PA
« on: March 23, 2010, 12:22:03 am »
if you could meet any one from PA who would it be..there is allot of people that have some great skills on here and you don't have to give a reason why...for me it would be..HILLBILLY,for having a kind heart-BILLY,for picking his brain-PAT B,to make some shaving with and see how he makes them fine quivers..john

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: if you could meet any one from PA
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 01:00:36 am »
John, I've met quite a few of these guys and believe me, you ain't missing much!  ;D   Actually I have enjoyed each and every one I've met. Not in the least disappointed.
  I've been trying to meet Mickey Lotz(the Ferret) for years now and it hasn't happened yet. One day it will happen.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline woodstick

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:07:04 am »
pat b we have done some trades and talked on the phone. he is a great man. would likt to shoot with him one day.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 01:10:59 am »
Well, I've met all of those fellers. Hillbilly and Billy are really good guys, salt of the earth. Pat-well, he's ok I guess if you like that sort of thing. ;D ;D ;D Actually, I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of the guys and gals on here in person, and they're a great bunch of people. John, you need to come to the TN Classic, and you can meet us all until you're tired of us. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 01:13:44 am »
John, I've met quite a few of these guys and believe me, you ain't missing much!  ;D   Actually I have enjoyed each and every one I've met. Not in the least disappointed.
  I've been trying to meet Mickey Lotz(the Ferret) for years now and it hasn't happened yet. One day it will happen.

;D  ;D  ;D

Mickey's website was a good source of information.  Does he come to some of the shoots?  I read on here a while back that he was taking a break from Archery  ???
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline NTD

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 01:19:14 am »
Darn near anyone on here I'd be proud as heck to shoot the breeze with and sit down to a beverage of their choice but these guys top the list for me... El D, Mullet, David Knight, DanaM, Justin Snyder and I'd love to spend an afternoon in Gordon's shop.  Would like to hang out with Josh and Skyarrow too...mostly because they are age appropriate...the others mentioned are kind of old and might fall asleep in the middle of the conversation ;D >:D   
Nate Danforth

Offline sailordad

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 01:26:35 am »
NTD thats funny
glad im not as old as them guys  ;D

for me,well i already met a few from here that i am glad i had the opportunity to meet
but i would still like to meet El D,Jamie,Bowkee,cowboy,mullet
and just about everyone else
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 01:58:59 am »
Keenan and Gordon, they might teach me to make bows if I'm lucky  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 02:38:27 am »
Keenan and Gordon, they might teach me to make bows if I'm lucky  ;)

They might................... ;D

As for me I have met the Mighty Mullet and his lovely Bride...Hillbilly and Mrs. Hillbilly....PatB...Dana...Jamie...Ryano....that crazy Kilt Wearin Chris Cade...my Buddy Cracker....King Ron...Wolfwatcher....Jesse....JesseS and His Better Half...and I mean better half...... ;)....David and Cora Knight...Marie....and SarahAnne...who kept me company when I was lonely..and fed me so I would not starve inthe Hills of Tennessee.... :P....and Man the list just goes on and on...But the One that I will never Forget in my Life....is Pappy...this Man is the epitome of all Southern Good Ole Boys....He is the most giving Person that I have ever Met...to open His Place up to the Likes of Us every Spring like He does is unheard of in this Day and Age... I have to Utmost Respect for Him and His Beautiful Wife...for the Kindness and Gracious Hospitality...I had never met Him once...and He made Me feel like Family...from the First Moment I got there...till the moment I drove away with Tears in my Eyes........

So I don't know who I could meet from here that would etch a more everlasting Memory in my Mind than this.... So I will stop by saying...that if I could meet anyone from PA...it would have to All of the Rest of You....... ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Badger

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 03:13:13 am »
    I wouldn't know where to start. I met several guys a Mojam one year but don't know them by their PA names so wasn't able to make the connections. I met Timo, Mickey Lotz, Gary Anderson.
   The guys who were around here when I started would be first on my list going back about 10 years or so I guess, Tim Baker and I live close and have become good friends when we aren't fighting about something. I Have met Scott ( one eye).
   Some guys on here have always been real special to me even though I haven't really talked with them much. Pat, Justin, Hillbilly, Mark, Dcm, Brian Meldon, DRt, Art, Little John, Dam, I really would like to meet nearly all of you. Steve

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 06:29:57 am »
I have been lucky enough to meet a lot of folks on here and if I live long enough I plan on meeting the rest so far and I mean this the pleasure has been all mine. I have meet Micky several times and he is a fine man,I would like to meet Badger,Jawges and Marc they are so full of knowledge. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 10:04:48 am »
I think I would take Pappy's list and add Mr. Huston and Manny to it.
Most of the fokes I have met has been at the Tn. Classic.

I may have to go to HI to see Manny. :D

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 10:07:09 am »
I'd like to meet the lot of ya.  Was going to sacrifice the goat to get to the classic, but right now it's lookin like the goat done run off.  We'll see if I can round up another one, not done tryin yet...
1’—>1’

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 10:14:02 am »
I have met a few on here, but I would like to get down to the Tenn. Classic and meet Pappy and the crew there.  Lots of knowledge there in that place.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 10:22:48 am »
Darn near anyone on here I'd be proud as heck to shoot the breeze with and sit down to a beverage of their choice but these guys top the list for me... El D, Mullet, David Knight, DanaM, Justin Snyder and I'd love to spend an afternoon in Gordon's shop.  Would like to hang out with Josh and Skyarrow too...mostly because they are age appropriate...the others mentioned are kind of old and might fall asleep in the middle of the conversation ;D >:D   

NTD..  :o :o  ;D