Author Topic: Anyone going to events in MD?  (Read 2402 times)

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
Anyone going to events in MD?
« on: March 24, 2010, 11:19:14 am »
I was just wondering if anyone from PA is planning on going to a couple upcoming events in Maryland? I am planning on/hoping to go to both, not necessarily to shoot but to learn some stuff and see what goes on there.

First is Oregon Ridge Nature Center's Primitive Technology weekend on May 1st and 2nd. There's flintknapping, primitive bow making and other primitives skill demonstrations all weekend with a primitive shoot sunday morning at 8. You can get more info on  the events on their website, oregonridge.org. If I can finish the bow I'm working on and some arrows made I'm going to try to make it to the shoot.

Next is the Baltimore Bowmen's Traditioanl Classic on May 14-16. This isn't a primitive even and I'm thinking of just going to check out vendors and see the layout of the shoot. I believe this is a PA sponsored event and it's only a couple miles from my house so it should be easy to get there.

If anyone else plans on going I'd like to meet up if schedules allow to put some faces with the names on PA. Thanks.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)